Guess Who's Back

Rapunzel*
I felt my eyes flutter open before I could even see. My vision was blurry and for a second I thought I was blind. I blinked my eyes a few times before my vision finally focused.
I was laying down on my stomach on some sand. I looked around. A variety of small and long weeds were sticking out of the ground. A cricket was softly chirping in the distant. I turned my head slightly and looked behind me. River water was calmly running down its path. It was A LOT calmer than the water i had fallen into. The river was wider and i had apperantly floated to a small shore line. There was tanish and thin sand beneath me that had been carved with the ripples of the river. Cattail plants were around me also. Small insects such as dragon flies glided through the soft wind . I looked up slightly. I could see the tops of tree tops and the blue sky. It was day time. I let out a sigh of frustration as I began to roll on my back. I hissed in pain. My whole body was aching.
At last I found the last strength to fully turn myself on my back.
My whole body felt weak. I held my hand up to block the sun out of my face but was surprised to see that my hands were dripping with blood. I sat up as best as I could before inspecting my hands and arms.
I had scrapings along my arms and my legs. I had a gash along the top of my right breast. I was guessing that they came from the river rocks.
I felt something slide down my face. I wiped my forehead thinking it was sweat but when I brought my hand down red blood was smeared on my hand. I let out a groan as I began to get on my hands and knees before crawling towards the calm water that was now beside me.
I glared at my reflection. My blond hair was now down, wavy, dirty and matted with blood that had come from a huge scrape on my forhead. I closed my eyes and slowly backed away from the river.
I'm alive.
I'm ok.
Everything will be okay.
That's when I started remembering everything that had happened.
Merida..
"Please let her be ok." I whispered..
I still didn't know about Jack and Hiccup but I was praying they made it out of the torn down town alive. I was sure Meri was alive. She was strong, extremely strong. She was the strongest girl I ever met and my best friend. She had to be alright.
I opened my eyes and began to try to get up. I had to get moving. Pain immediately was felt through out my body especially my shoulder,but that didn't stop me. When I was on my feet. I began to calculate how long I was out.
I looked up at the sun. It had to be at least noon.
Ok...
I looked towards the direction the river was coming from.
Maybe I could make it back to them. If I followed the river path, I'd find them.. maybe. I took a deep breath.
You got this punze... you got this.
.....
The sun was blocked by the thick trees that were above me.
Mosquitos were swarming around me and so we're flies. I was sure I looked like a walker myself. My legs felt like jello and my body was screaming at me to lay down and rest, but my head commanded my body to keep going. I needed to find my friends.. if they were alive. I needed help there was no way I could survive all alone. From the start of the apocalypse, Merida, Hiccup or Jack were always looking out for me. Now, I was completely alone.
Realization hit me. I needed to learn how to survive on my own.
I let my head hang low. I never realized how much of a baby i was. I felt tears prickle on the corners of my eyes. I didn't care I let the tears fall. I dropped to my knees and just started mourning. I cried for Jack, Hiccup and Merida. I cried for my parents which I would probably never see again. I cried for Merida's brother that we had found as a walker. I cried for Aladin who had committed suicide after losing Jasmine. I cried for Hercules who died trying to save Meg, who later popped pills. I cried for Eric who risked his life to help Ariel, who then got bit. I cried for John and Wendy who were murdered after the incident in the town. I cried and prayed for Mulan, Shang, Pocahontas, Belle, Adam,Peter even Toothless. I wanted to go back in time. I wanted to wake up from this night mare but I knew that no matter how much I prayed, nothing would be the same. This was not our world anymore. This was the walkers' world,and it probably forever would be. At the beginning when we got the message that the military was trying to find a vaccination and helping people out, I had hope, but now.. it had been so long. I lost hope. The only thing I had to live for was my friends. We only had eachother .
After what felt like hours, I wiped my face with my bloody hands before I struggled to get up again.
I found my strength before finally walking beside the river. I was determined to learn how to survive until i found my friends.. Dead or Alive.