Wild Chase

I had walked for hours only to find my best friend in danger.
I had unfortunately ran out of arrows in the town so my bow was not an option. I had throught maybe I'd find the guys and Rapunzel here, but now... I found myself fighting off a tall muscular man while my best friend was carried away by the roaring river.
"RAPUNZEL!!" I screamed as I punched the man pinning me down.
I wanted to jump in the river and save her.
"GET OFF YO-"
All of the i felt something really hard hit me in the stomach with force.
All my air was cut off.
I looked up and there stood the red head that was threatening Punze with a bat in hand,getting ready to swing again.
"PLEASE my friend jus-"
The bat once again made contact with my body.
The redheaded guy got ready to swing again.
I panicked.
Was I going to get beaten to death?
I tucked my feet onto the man that was holding me down. As soon as I saw the bat swinging my way, I pushed the man up and the bat hit him instead. I heard a small crack, but I didn't care. This was about survival. I pushed the guy fully off.
He was groaning and holding on to his back. The red head stood beside him apologizing. I got up as quickly as I could and started towards the man with the bat. As I reached for the wooden object, the red head pushed me back and stood up fully before trying to swing at me again.
I dodged the blow just in time.
I sprinted towards the man and tackled him.
I landed on top of him. The man started to kick me franticly, trying to get me off. He succeeded.
He rolled us over to where he was now on top of me.
The redhead closed in his big hands around my neck.
I tried to pry of his hands. My oxygen supply was running low. I tried gasping for air. Seconds felt like hours as I tried to kick the man of me. In desperation, I laid my hand beside me, letting it search the earth.
A rigid surface made contact with my hand. It was a rock. I grabbed it and smashed it as hard as I could towards the side of the man's head.
He immediately let go of my throat and held his bleeding ear while he cursed at the top of his lungs.
I coughed loudly and held my throat and rolled on my stomach. My vision slowly began to focus again. I crawled from finally finding the strength in my legs to start moving. I stood up and started to runaway as I coughed still.
Trees slapped against my face and tugged at my messy hair.
I couldn't see anything through the trees instead, I followed the sound of the river and made sure I stayed close to it while using the protection of the trees.
My chest rose with every forced breath I took and my shins and calves stung, but I kept running.
I had to find Punze and hope she was alive.