Crossing Paths

Rapunzel*
Flynn and I had been walking for a few days and let me say it was absolutely not fun.
It was getting colder and colder as each day went by.
My fingers and nose were completely numb. I had caught a cold and cold barley inhale and exhale through my nose. The cold air seemed to pierce my lungs and throat everytime I breathed in through my mouth.
Finally we reached a big green sign.
Welcome to Burgess
Flynn and I walked past it. We walked for a little before we saw a gas station. Flynn walked toward it but all I did was stare at the glass covered street. I glanced at my bare feet.
"Umm.. Flynn" I called out.
He turned towards me.
" I need help, " I said while pointing at my feet.
"Alright," He said while walking towards me.
When he finally got to me he turned around and crouched down.
" Jump on"
I jumped onto him and latched my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.
"Don't choke me"
"Ok"
He gave me a piggyback until we reached the gas station door.
I pushed the door open and a bell sounded.
Ding!
I froze and waited.
Nothing or no one came. I continued to walk in.
"We'll stay here and rest. We're very close to the camp. " Flynn said while making his way down an aisle.
My eyes searched the store. Every shelf was empty.
Finally my eyes landed on a body on the ground. I gasped when I saw it. It was a dead walker. There was a rack pushed on top of it and I could see a bullet wound on its chest. It wore a yellow shirt and light blue jeans with brown boots. Its head appeared to be smashed in. I cringed. I walked towards the walker and pulled off one of its shoes. I sat beside it and pulled on the shoe. It was a little big but it worked for me. I pulled off the other shoe slowly and in the process I swear I heard a crack. I shivered but finally pulled off the shoe.
I knew there would be more glass on the streets and I didn't want Flynn carrying me all the way to the camp.
....
As soon as I saw the camp I wasn't so sure of the place.
There were walls, but they looked unstable and easy to get through. Graffiti was decorating the outside and there were 5 walkers outside banging on the walls.
"Here, " Flynn said, snapping me out of my thoughts.
He handed me a small dagger.
The handle felt cold and slightly weird in my hand.
He pulled out a slightly bigger knife from his backpack.
" Ok, you take the one on the far right. I'll take the rest, " He said while already walking toward the walkers.
I held back a scoff.
I was more than capable of killing more than one.
I let out a growl and crept behind Flynn. I snuck up on the right walker before pouncing and sinking my blade in the back of the walker's head with all the force I could muster.
Sure enough the walker fell limp and crashed on the ground causing the other walkers to notice me.
I stood in my fighting stance and as soon as a walker was close to me I kicked in its legs and stabbed it in the eyes when it met the ground.
I looked up and panicked when I saw a walker lunge at me. My instincts kicked in and I tumbled backwards. I was able to make good distance between me and the walker. I smiled at myself then I ran up to it and kicked it as hard as I could, knocking it down.
I then stomped on the head three times before the walker stopped moving.
I looked up and saw Flynn with his eyes wide and his mouth hanging open.
"... What? " I asked.
"Nothing.. " He answered.
Three men opened the door suddenly, startling me.
"Flynn! You scared me buddy! Where were you?" A man with red hair said.
"I traveled a little too far.. " Flynn said while smiling.
They embraced and then the red haired man made eye contact with me.
"Whose this?" The man said eyeing me up and down.
"This is Rapunzel, Rapunzel this is Hans "