ASLW : chapter 18

May's pov

"Hey there sweetie! How's your day? Did you eat na?", Adam asked me when he phoned me.

"Yeah, thanks Adam. How's your day?", I asked in return. He's been so good to me so there's no reason for me to have a cold feet.

"Im good, can't wait to see you!",

"Thanks, bye Adam", I hung up.

He's always telling me how much he loves me, my mind says go and love him, he's worth, he's kind but my heart knows whom it wants. And I can't deny it, though he hurt me , I'm still longing for him. Why do I still love him despite that he fooled me? He never did anything to reach out for me, at least to say sorry.

Did he really forget me because of his someone new? Is he already married by now? Those questions fills my mind..

I can't still accept the fact that I've waited for nothing. That I've wish for a happy life with him when we get married but that was all a lie. He find another girl and now he's happy with him, while here I am. Fighting for something that I wasn't sure of if I can win.

I want to live, but realization hurts me, the man who's still in my heart are gone. If only I can forget him, maybe I can still be happy. Maybe I can still smile. Maybe I have my big reason to live again.

It's my lolo and lola who gives me reason to fight. If not for them, maybe it's easy for me to give up.

"May", Pat called me as she entered the room.

"I have something for you", she's  handling a bouquet of flowers and a food container, don't know what's  inside of it.

"Where did you get that?", I smiled at her. She's so thoughtful , she knows flowers makes me smile.

"Dyan lang. Naisip ko, you love flowers di ba,so heto. I'll bring you some", sagot niya.

"Thank you Pat, ang gaganda", I said and bring it into my nose to smell it. I love any kind of flowers, coz flowers bring color to my life.

"I know you gonna like it, and you have to eat this", handed me the food container.

I take it and look what's inside.

"It's lasagna!", I say in amusement.

"Favorite mo", nakangiting sabi niya.

"Thanks Pat", I asked her to come closer so I can give him a hugged.

I'm so thankful that I have her in my life. If not with her, maybe I'm gone.

Gone...at all means.

"Kainin mo na yan agad bago pa lumamig. Special yan!", sabi pa niya.

Kahit wala akong gana, pinipilit kong kumain para narin sa akin.

I need to help myself, I need to be strong...

Coz I have a fight on my own...

A battle that I need to conquer...

Coz if not...I'm going to lose everything...

You'll never know how strong you are...until you have to be

Sorry for some troubled words that you've might encounter...
Spelling, grammar, etc.

Thank you :-)