Time to Tell the Secret

We reached his house and went inside. David’s father properly greeted me before heading to his office. I sat on the couch in the living room and David looked at me with sincere in his eyes.

     “What do you wanna show me, Claire? Because I promised that I won’t tell anyone ‘bout it.” he said and I took a deep breath then stood up. He stared at me as I pulled my sweatpants down, revealing my underwear then my scars on my thigh. I left my sweats at my knees and closed my eyes, unbarring to see his reaction.

        “I have scars and I don’t want you to end up hurting or using me because this is what happens when I get hurt or used.” I said quietly and I felt his hand on my thigh then the touch of his lips against my skin.

        “Claire, you can’t do this to yourself. You can hurt a lot of people by doing this.” he said quietly with emotion in his voice. I felt a tear escape my eyes then his finger wiping it away. He pulled my sweatpants back up and held me close. I fell into tears in his arms. ‘Bout 10 minutes later, I was done crying and I looked up at him. He looked at me, caressed my face, and then kissed my lips. I soon broke it off.

        “It’s too soon, David.” I said lamely and sat down on the couch again. He sat down next to me and touched my knee.

        “I’m sorry, Claire. I didn’t mean anything by it.” he said. I closed my eyes and he touched my hand.

        “Is there something I can do?” he asked and I hugged him tight but shook my head. He had a girlfriend and I didn’t want her to end up hating me.

        “No, can we watch a movie, please?” I asked and he nodded then he got the DVD player set up. I got real comfortable and when he stood up, a condom fell out of his pocket. I glared at it then David picked it up quickly. I knew exactly what he was gonna try to do and I suddenly got up. “I’m sorry but I think I should go now.” I said as I grabbed my stuff. He ran to me.

        “Claire, don’t go. I didn’t plan on having sex with you.” David pleaded and I shook my head.

        “I’m not gonna do that to Madison. There’s no way I’m gonna make her hate me so much for something I had no control over doing.” I stated and he looked at me as he took my hand.

        “She already doesn’t like you because you love me.” he said.

        “Love is a really strong word.” I flat out said to him then left and headed to josh’s in the dark. I heard a truck behind me and I glanced back to find David driving his dad’s truck. “What are you doing?” I asked as I kept walking.

        “I’m going to drive you to your friend’s house. Now, hop into the truck, please. I don’t want you to get kidnapped.” David said and I sighed. ‘He was right ‘bout getting kidnapped but he couldn’t have had his dad drive me there?’ I thought to myself. I hopped into the truck and we headed to Josh’s house. David looked over at me.

        “Why do you cut yourself? It’s not healthy to do that to yourself at all.” he asked and I just shut down. I wouldn’t answer that question at all. We remained silent for the rest of the way there. When we got to Josh’s house, I recognized Scott’s car.

        “Oh, great.” I muttered under my breath. and I guess David heard me because he looked at me.

        “What’s wrong?” he asked and I pointed to Scott’s car.

        “He’s here. He wants me to date him but he knows my boundaries when it comes to my best friends, I don’t love him that way. I-” I got caught off by David.