Missouri

**2 weeks later**

          We were already in Missouri for their 8th concert out of the 9 they had scheduled. I was showing a little more than before and Ryan was having the urge to touch my stomach almost 24/7. Matt was sitting next to me and we watched TV as the guys and Alicia were sleeping in their bunks. The last concert was going to be in Illinois then we could go home. I was excited to be going home but I had fun spending time with my best friends. We saw the Grand Canyon and almost had Josh fall into it. We got to briefly see Mount Rushmore and saw a bit of Yellowstone National Park. We were on our way to see the Grand Arch and Titanic Museum. I was more excited to go through the museum than the guys but that was because I’ve been under and saw the Grand Arch years ago. My phone went off and it was my mom.

          “Hello?” I said and Ryan looked at me.

          “Claire, sweetie?” mom asked.

          “Yes mom?” I said and Ryan sat on the floor as he paid more attention to the TV then me.

          “Umm sweetie, I don’t know how to put this but your dog died.” mom said and I was on the urge of tears. I covered my mouth and shut my eyes tightly closed.

          “When and how mom?” I asked as my voice cracked. Ryan touched my knee as he looked at me. Matt rubbed my shoulder.

          “About an hour ago and she was hit by a truck. She had ran away and ran across the street right as the truck was coming down the road.” mom said and I began to cry. “I’m sorry, sweetie.” she added then I hung up because I didn’t want to talk anymore. I covered my face with my hands and I bawled like a baby. My dog was my baby and she was dead. I would never be able to see her again anytime soon.

          “Baby, do you want to talk about it?” Ryan asked me and I shook my head. Matt looked at Ryan then at me.

          “Is it babygirl?” Matt asked and Ryan looked at him.

          “Why would it be her?” Ryan asked and I looked at Matt.

          “Yes… She got hit by a car.” I said and trailed it off. Ryan wrapped his arms around me and Matt closed his eyes. Babygirl was Matt’s favorite pet that wasn’t his. I started crying again and said, “I don’t feel like doing any site-seeing anymore.”

          “You don’t have to, baby. Want me to stay with you?” Ryan asked. Matt got up and went to the bunks. I wanted to die just so I could be with my babygirl but I knew that Ryan and the guys wouldn’t appreciate that. Plus, I wanted my unborn baby to live.

          “Yes please, babe.” I said in-between cries. He hummed a song to calm me down. I could tell that he was devastated as well but he wouldn’t show it. I held onto him tightly and he tried to rock me back and forth but it didn’t work because I was on the couch and he was still on the floor. He came up and sat beside me.

          “I love you, baby. You’re strong.” he said to me and I laid my head on his chest. This was really hard on me and Ryan could tell. I had no reason to go back to the house once we get home.

          “Babe, can we get a puppy?” I asked, softly and I saw the Grand Arch through a window. Site-seeing was going to start soon but I was going to stay behind.

          “Of course we can baby.” he said as he kissed the top of my head. “What kind of dog?” he asked.

          “I don’t know. Maybe a medium sized dog. We could go look at a dog shelter when we get home.” I said and he massaged my back with a hand.

          “Okay baby. It’s a date.” he said. I smiled a little because that made my day a bit better. The guys went out which left me and Ryan alone on the bus. We didn’t do anything dirty or anything like that. We just had a chill, relaxing day with no arguments. They were out for almost the whole day. I was bummed because of my dog passing away and the museum I wanted to go through. I cuddled with Ryan and he touched my stomach because he was amused with it.