Cleaning Day

Ryan walked out of the room, leaving me with the clean-up duty. I hand-washed the pans and loaded up the dish washer. When I walked into the living room, Ryan was asleep on the couch. I sat in the chair, turning on the TV. I decided to watch re-runs of ‘Criminal Minds’. Halfway through the show, he woke up and looked at me.

          “You ready to leave because we really need to go to the grocery store.” he said and I looked over at him. I took a deep breath.

          “You can go, if you want. I’m going to stay here and clean because mainly, it needs to be done.” I said as I turned off the TV.

          “Hey, that was the best part!” he complained. It was where they were trying to catch the killer. I chuckled a bit and got up.

          “You need to get more food, babe. Macaroni and cheese won’t last us from going starving forever.” I said, “Besides, there are only three more boxes of it left.” I added and he sighed.

          “I don’t want you to be all alone, baby.” he said and I touched his arm.

          “Just don’t be gone too long, babe. I’ll be fine.” I stated and he sighed. He stood up, hugged me, then he kissed me.

          “Don’t do anything that can throw your back out, please.” he said. I kissed him then pulled away from him.

          “I promise that I won’t.” I said and he smiled as he started heading to the door then slipped his shoes on.

          “I love you.” he said and I smiled as I sat down.

          “I love you too.” I said as he smiled then he walked out of the house. Now, it was time to start cleaning. So, I rested for a little bit then began cleaning the living room. I reorganized the movies and games on the stand. I dusted everything, including the TV then I vacuumed. I went to the Kitchen and mopped the floor. I heard a car outside and I realized that Ryan had been gone for half an hour. I walked back into the living room to relax for a bit when someone knocked on the door. I sighed and tried to figure out who it could possibly be. I looked out the window to find out who it was. It turned out to be Derek Cooper and Bob Thompson, Ryan’s other best friends. Ryan wasn’t home and I felt awkward opening the door.

          “Claire, I know you’re in there. Ryan told me that you’d be here because I was supposed to pick something up.” Derek said and I sighed. I let the guys in the house and looked at Derek.

          “What do you need?” I asked and Bob smirked at me.

          “Lubricant and I didn’t want to go to the store to buy it when Ryan has like four tubes of it.” Derek said and Bob laughed at my facial expression because I was stunned.

          “Don’t worry; we know where it’s all at.” Bob said and I shook my head repeatedly as I went into the kitchen because I saw a bottle in one of the drawers. I got it and walked back to the guys.

          “Here, now go please? I’m cleaning and going to find something to cook for tonight’s dinner.” I stated and Derek took the lubricant from my hand then they left. I quickly replaced the missing bottle then sat in the chair. Ryan had to be home and I soon drifted to sleep.

          I woke up to loud noises in the kitchen then some grunts. I rubbed my eyes as I got up then held myself as I got a bit dizzy. I got to the kitchen to find Ryan trying to put groceries away and boil water in a pan at the same time.

          “Babe?” I asked, curiously and he turned to me.

          “I’m sorry for waking you up, baby. I wasn’t trying to.” he apologized. “Guess the guys came over already?” he added and I nodded.

          “Why do they need lubricant, anyways?” I asked and he gave me a wink as he stood up.

          “They are getting laid, babe.” he said as he chuckled. My eyes got wide because I didn’t realize that they were a couple.

          “Are they umm dating?” I asked, hoping it wasn’t true.

          “Yes babe. Does it bother you that I hang out with gay and bisexual friends now?” he said and I shook my head. “Good.” he added then came up to me and lifted me up. I kissed him passionately and he sat me on the counter. We started making out and I heard something sizzling on the stove. I pulled away.

          “Hmmm babe, the pan overflowed.” I stated. He muttered under his breath as he stirred the pan and turned off the stove.

          “I guess I wasn’t paying attention.” he said as he walked back to me and touched my leg. I got up and grabbed a Pepsi from the fridge.

          “Nope, I’m off-limits until later or until I say so.” I stated and he gave me huge puppy eyes.