Things Go Wrong

We were on our way to Nashville when my phone went off. It was only a text message but it was from my mom and I thought that was really strange. She never texted me, she was always the one to call.

          ‘Claire, you are in so much trouble when you get back. You won’t be able to go anywhere for a month when you get home! You lied to me and your father!’ she sent to me. I was getting upset for getting yelled at and also for having my mom call my stepfather my father. He would never be my father and that was the end of it. It was David’s work for getting back at me for breaking him and Madison up no doubt about that. Ryan was out of the bedroom with the guys. I was glad that they were getting along really well. I was recovering pretty well from the surgery and I decided not to reply to my mom but to David.

          ‘I know this is your work for getting me yelled at!!!!!’ I sent him and put the phone down. I curled into a ball and cried because I was getting stressed and needed a place to move into. I knew Ryan would love having me at his house, same with his mom. My phone went off.

          ‘How do you know I caused you to get yelled at?’ David sent me.

          ‘Because you only know I was with you that one night when I lied and said I was with Josh.’ I sent back and turned my phone on silent. I got under the covers and cried some more. Ryan walked in and tapped my shoulder.

          “Honey?” he asked and I rolled over. My eyes were red and I had tear stains down my cheeks. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

          “Mom yelled at me for lying to her and David told her what actually happened that night. He’s refusing it was him but he and Josh only know about me lying. Josh wouldn’t do that to me because he’d lie with me all the time. I’m grounded whenever I get back home for a month.” I said and Ryan caressed my face.

          “You can live with me, my love. You’re engaged to me and I know we are almost 18 but I’m sure somewhere on this tour, we can get married.” he said to me. I smiled at him and we carefully walked out of the bedroom to find the guys watching an action movie. Matt looked up at me and smiled.

          “There’s my amazing best friend.” Matt said and it made me smile. Ryan sat me down on his lap on the floor and we watched the movie.

          “What are we watching?” I asked, curiously. I saw the main character at a building shooting bad guys and making sure the girl he was saving was safe. They jumped out of a glass window and landed on the van. Soon enough the characters were getting into a helicopter as the van exploded.

          “Mission Impossible: 3” Josh stated as he was into the movie and I face palmed my forehead. We finished watching that when Ryan picked me up and sat me next to Josh.

          “Matt, can we talk?” Ryan asked him and Matt nodded. They got up and went to the bedroom. They were in there for a while and we decided to watch Avengers. It was almost halfway over when they came out and Ryan stood in front of the TV screen.

          “C’mon baby, move out of the way please?” I asked and he turned the TV off. Everyone yelled at him for doing that.

          “I got an announcement to make.” Ryan started to say. We all looked at him. “We’re going to get married once we get home. Mom can help us with everything. Considering, we can’t get married anywhere without a parent’s consent and our birth certificates.” he added. I knew it was how it was going to be but by the time we got back home, I could move in with Ryan and his mom would be my guardian. They all clapped as I got up and hugged him. I went up to Matt and hugged him as well.