The Next Day

I started to doze off when I realized I hadn't replied back to David. I got my phone & texted back.

'Trying not to doze off & listening to the radio. Hbu?' I sent to him. I rested my head on my pillow & I was out like a baby. Next thing I remembered was my alarm going off at 6 am. I groggily sat up, not wanting to get out. I rubbed my head, wondering why the alarm was set to go off when it wasn't time for school. I got up, turned it off, & then lied back down in bed. I glanced at my phone, there was a message from David.

'Fun, just don't fall asleep on me unless you tell me otherwise. I'm watching a movie. Wish you were here with me tho :/' he sent me last night. 'Shit, I fell asleep on him. He's probably pissed off at me now.' I thought to myself. I was trying to fall back asleep because I didn't want to reply back & end up waking him up. It was early in the morning & no one was particularly wake unless you had to go to work. 'Fortunately, I don't have a job but I wish I had one even though, I'd probably miss Parmalee's tour.' I thought to myself as I tried to fall asleep. The thought of David being in my dream had me fall asleep quicker than I thought I would. I woke back up at 11 am and glanced at my phone. I saw another message from David. I opened it up.

'You fell asleep on me last night L. What happened to talking to me all night?' he sent and I frowned at the message.

'I didn't mean to fall asleep in you. Do you want to hang out to make it up to you?' I sent back and headed downstairs. My mother looked at me.

"We have decided to let you go on the tour with them but you must be on your best behavior." She said and I smiled as I got my phone out.

'I can go on tour with you guys.' I sent to Scott. I headed into the kitchen to eat breakfast before I walk out of the door to Josh's house to hang out for a few hours playing video games. Just as I was 'bout to walk out of the door, my mother stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?" she asked and I turned around to look at her.

"I'm going to Josh's house. You've never had a problem 'bout it before." I told her and she crossed her arms at me.

"You need to wash dishes." she demanded and I looked at her.

"I did them a day ago, mom. Have dad wash them." I said and walked out of the house as I rolled my eyes. Welcome to the people I lived with. That was why I had always hung out with Parmalee because they knew what I was dealing with since we all grew up close together.

I finally reached Josh's house and saw the whole band bus in his driveway. Matt was in the window, probably watching for me to walk down the sidewalk. Scott ran out and wrapped his arms around me then twirled me around in a circle. I saw jealousy on Matt's face as he watched us.

"Scott, you can put me down now please. I know who I'm bringing with us." I said and he looked at me cold as he sat me down on my feet. Josh came out in just shorts. The three boys stared at me; Barry was still inside. "It's David." I stated and Matt sighed deeply as Scott closed his eyes.