Old Friend

He kept bugging me about having me drop the off-limits. I rolled my eyes and walked to the bathroom. I wanted to take a shower but he was following me because he knew it made me frustrated. I quickly turned around and he flinched because he thought I was going to hit him.

          “I want to take a shower in peace, babe. I’m still off-limits until I say otherwise. You could find out what we are going to eat for dinner.” I stated. Today was hard on me but I didn’t show it on my face or in my actions. It was my dad’s anniversary with his wife and it cost me my relationship with him. I hadn’t talked to him in years. Ryan looked at me a little worried.

          “I’m sorry, baby. What’s wrong?” he asked and I shook my head.

          “I don’t want to talk about it.” I said then closed the bathroom door. I stood in silence, wishing I could cut but I made a promise that I wouldn’t. I started to cry as I ran the water. I got undressed and traced my scars. I jumped when I heard a knock but it was the front door. I heard the door close and some talking. I got in the tub and turned the shower head on.

          After my shower, I put short shorts and a comfy tank top on. I threw my wet hair up into a ponytail then braided it. I walked out to see someone on the chair, playing on her phone. She jumped up and ran to me once she saw me. She hugged me tightly and I looked at Ryan. He gave me a smile but I didn’t know who she was. She took a step backwards.

          “OMG! It’s been way too long since I’ve seen you!” she said and I looked at her, clueless. “You don’t remember who I am, do you?” she asked and I shook my head.

          “Baby, it’s Lily from school.” Ryan said and I looked at her with shock. Lily was my crazy best friend. She had the funniest made-up stories and created a face named ‘Fred’ but the ‘r’ was backwards. We got caught up with what was new then she had to leave because she had errands to do. I laid on the couch and Ryan massaged my back.

          “Just because you’re giving me a massage, doesn’t mean to start moving your hands down to my butt.” I stated quietly and he worked his way up to my shoulders. I ended up falling asleep on the couch. Ryan sat in the chair and put the ‘Criminal Minds’ marathon on the TV because I could hear Shemar Moore talking at one point. I sat up and watched TV as Ryan looked over at me.

          “I thought you were asleep.” he said and I gave him a look that said, “yeah right”.

          “Yeah, well you turned on Criminal Minds. What do you expect? You can’t get away with watching my favorite show while I’m sleeping in the same room. Let alone, not have me hear Shemar Moore talking.” I said and he looked at me confused a bit.

          “Yeah I figure now. Who?” he asked and I face palmed my forehead because he didn’t know who Shemar Moore was.

          “Shemar Moore is the actor who plays Derek Morgan on Criminal Minds. He used to be on the Young and Restless.” I stated and he was still confused but he shook it off and looked back at the TV. “Screw you!” I stated then walked up to his room. He was confused on why I said it but I didn’t want to deal with his crap. He still didn’t figure out what today was. It was getting dark outside and I wasn’t afraid to walk out. I sat on his bed, facing the window with my back to the door. Ryan came up to me and reached out to me. “Don’t you dare touch me.” I said, angrily.

          “What’s your problem, Claire? All I said was I didn’t know who the actor was and now you’re all pissy with me. What the fuck?” Ryan said and I moved my hand to flip him off.

          “I’m not in the damn mood, Ryan. I’m done trying to hide what I’m going through. You out of all people should’ve known. I wanted to cut again but I made that promise. I cried when I was taking my shower. I’m surprised Lily didn’t mention it to me at all but I guess that was the reason why she came over.” I stated and he walked in front of me then sat on his knees.

          “What’s wrong?” he asked me again and I crossed my arms. I refused to say anything to him. He should’ve known but that was his fault if he forgot about it. I laid down and went to bed, angry and depressed.