C H A P T E R S I X

His vision blurred as it slowly returned. Percy's head lolled as he came to.

A groan escaped his lips. A stiff metal chair dug into his back and leather cuffs encircled his wrists, restricting his movement. If he focused enough, Percy could feel the cuffs around his ankles too.

That jerked him into reality.

Percy yanked on the cuffs, struggling to get free. His eyes swelled with panic again as his met those of the Black Widow. Why couldn't he break free? He was stronger than this. So why?

"So, interrogation time." She said, leaning further forwards.

Percy gulped, his heart racing in his chest.

"Why can't I escape?" He rasped. Natasha tapped the side of her arm.

Percy looked down at his own arm. In it, was a drip, feeding him a blue liquid. Only a small trail. It was connected to one of those bags of liquid you attach people to in a hospital. But liquid was replaced with something else. Something foreign and cold.

The more he became aware of his surroundings, the more he could feel what it was doing to him. His right arm was already completely numb.

He knew something like this was coming, but it didn't prevent him from freaking out.

"What is this?" Slowly his arm was feeling more and more like someone else's. Like when Soldier takes over.

"An I.C.E.R. We normally use it knock people out, but in your case, we're using it to subdue any attempts at escape." Natasha smiled coldly at him. "Any more questions?"

No response.

Steve stayed silent throughout the exchange. He played the part of a bodyguard well, though he didn't look happy about it.

"Okay Percy. Here's how this is going to go. I'll ask the questions, and you'll answer. I'm going to go through the sequel of events from when you were twelve. Understood?" Percy only glared weakly at her. His shoulder had become completely numb right down to his finger tips on his right. "Good. Let's start. Also, if you step out of line, you'll feel a small shock. I hope this convinces you to cooperate.

"According to your file, you've been a terrorist since you were twelve. Ring any bells?" Percy's eyebrows furrowed as he struggled to remember. Natasha wasn't sure if the kid had any brain damage, but Bruce had confirmed he didn't.

"You mean the tower... right?" He said slowly.

"Yes, the tower. You put a hole in the side of it, endangering the one family that was up there and were then seen jumping out of the hole in the river."

"Did you talk the witnesses?"

"Police took their statements but were written off as invalid due to impossible circumstances."

"You people deal in the impossible do you not?" Percy shrugged. If no one would believe him, then no one would believe him. That's just how it was. He couldn't change that.

"Yes, but I highly doubt that most dogs run around blowing up monuments." Natasha responded, scepticism coating her voice.

"Damn Mist." Percy muttered under his breath.

"Pardon?"

"Nothing." Natasha decided to ignore it and moved on.

"If you didn't blow it up then who did?" Percy felt trapped. He was forbidden by the gods to talk about his Greek life, and forbidden by HYDRA to talk about his time with them. And the funny thing? Those to things made up the most of his life.