O N E S H O T ~ W H A T I F ?

O N E S H O T ~ W H A T I F ? - Requested by @Potterhead515 "Maybe Percy should worry that he wouldn't be a good father?"

~~~~

When Loki saw the desolate figure of his boyfriend curled up in the middle of their bed, he immediately went to investigate.

"Percy?" He asked, climbing into bed beside the demigod, pulling the sheets over them and drawing him closer. Percy could feel the growing bump of Loki's stomach against his back and it only served to make him feel worse. Loki noticed this instantly and felt his gut drop, a million different thoughts running through his head. "Percy what's wrong?"

Percy didn't respond, merely hiding his face from Loki.

"Percy." Loki warned. "What's going on with you?" He could barely see the son of Poseidon chewing on his lip, a sign he was anxious about something.

"What if..." he mumbled.

"What if... what?" Loki pressed, urging the demigod on.

"What if I don't make a good father." Percy's voice trailed off and became so quiet that if not for Loki's sharp senses he wouldn't have picked up on the last word.

He didn't mean it, but he couldn't help the slight laugh that escaped his mouth at the statement. Percy hid his face even more, feeling attacked.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have laughed. It's just the idea of it is so preposterous. Of course you'd make a good father. You'll make a great one." Loki said with a smile even though Percy couldn't see it.

"You don't know that." He mumbled.

"What makes you think you won't make a good father?" Loki inquired. If they were Percy's feelings, then he wanted to know. Nothing good ever came from bottling things up, and the two could overcome what was plaguing Percy's mind.

"Well there's my own father. I never even exactly met him until I was twelve. What if something like that happens? What if my scent draws in monsters? What if the gods hunt me down? What if I'm just generally a bad dad? There's so many places I could go wrong!"

"Percy, listen to me-" but Percy was on a roll.

"What if I'm a terrible father figure? What if my child gets wrapped up in the Greek world? What if they get kidnapped or used against me? What if they get hurt? What if I hurt them? What if-"

Loki sat up, forcing Percy up with him into a messy sitting position. The Norse god grabbed Percy's hands, holding them in his own. "Then we'll overcome it together." He said firmly.

"But-"

"They're bound to get hurt one way or another. That's a part of growing up. As for you, you're not going anywhere. I won't let you, nor will I let anyone take you away from us. We could make our own barrier to keep out the nasties and if anyone wants to try anything funny against us, I'd like to see them try."

"But what about me?" Percy asked brokenly, his composure falling apart, tears dripping down his cheeks.

"What about you? You're already perfect. I don't date just anyone you know." Loki said softly, brushing the tears away. Under normal circumstances that would've drawn out at least a small laugh, but this time he got nothing.

"I'm not perfect. What about my nightmares? There's Tartarus, and the wars. Don't you think that scars people? What if it rubs off on the child the wrong way? What if they hate me? What-"

"Percy. Listen to me." Percy shut up. "You'll be fine. If you can't trust yourself, then trust me. Trust that I'll be here, always. Trust that I'll patch up anything. I'll be here to patch you up whenever you fall apart. Trust that it's not all on you to protect and raise our child. I am here too. You'll be fine. I promise." Loki proclaimed sincerely.

Percy sucked in his trembling lower lip, thinking it over. Finally he nodded. Loki smiled down at him and sighed in relief. Percy dove in closer, wrapping the god in a hug.

"What would I do without you, Loki?"

"Oh I don't know. Suffer." He said jokingly, and this time, he earned a laugh.

~~~~

Did I meet standards?

It's funny how these one shots have more Poki in them that the actual story 😂.

Fun fact: I actually forgot how old Percy is in the story...

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama