C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

Wanda stared in wonder at the new being before them. The stone that had once possessed many implanted in its forehead.

She fell backwards when it attacked Thor. Thor acted almost as if her were expecting it. The god grabbed the creatures naked waist and threw him across the room in one fluid action.

The creature stopped its path by levitating. It stopped just before the window. It gazed across the cityscape with rapt fascination. It reached for its reflection. Suddenly its body morphed, forming skin tight clothes. He floated back down to the cautiously approaching Avengers.

"Sorry, that was... odd." It spoke with a male voice. The voice of the well known AI, Jarvis. "Thank you." He nodded to Thor. The creature shrugged his shoulders and a golden cape glowed and flowed down his back.

"Thor." Steve demanded. "You helped create this?"

"I've had a vision." Thor began. "A whirl ooo that sucks in all hope of life, and at its centre is that." Thor pointed to the stone imbedded in the newest arrival's head.

"What, the gem?" Bruce asked.

"It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones. The greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

"Then why would you bring-"

Thor cut Steve off, "Because Stark is right."

Bruce whistled. "Oh, it's definitely the end times."

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." Thor stated bluntly.

"Not alone." The creature added.

"Why does your Vision sound a lot like Jarvis?"

"We reconfigured Jarvis's matrix to create something new." Tony supplied.

"I think I've had my fill of 'new'." Steve muttered unhappily.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron."

"You're not?" Steve snorted.

"I'm not Ultron. I am not Jarvis. I am... I am." It was a given that he was not one nor the other. Partially inserted with Ultron's conscience and the program of Jarvis. The Mind Stone forming the base of his powers.

"I looked in your head, and saw annihilation." Wanda growled.

"Look again." The creature said softly.

Arguments arose. Who would trust the woman to relay what she saw, when not even a week ago she was in their heads, breaking them apart from the inside?

Could they trust this thing? Was it on their side? Would it help them fight Ultron. Or would it turn and become its own force of destruction?

The Avengers voiced their thoughts.

"I don't think it's that simple." He said. "I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't. He will end it all." Fact is fact. Truth and honesty two different things. This creature, he spoke of things in truth and fact. Powerful promises that could shake one to the very being of their core.

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asked quietly. They needed to know. They couldn't stay in the dark against their foe forever. Although rubble would be all that remains.

"You."

"Where?"

"Solovia." Clint supplied. That was where he'd received the signal from Natasha. "He's got Nat there."

"I do not wish to kill Ultron. But he is the enemy of what I fight for. He will destroy. He will not hesitate. If we are to do this, not one of us can do it without the others."

"I may be a monster, that is true. Maybe I am not. I don't think I'd have any way of knowing. I don't know how to make you all trust me. But I do know, that we need to go." The creature picked up Thor's hammer and casually held it out for him.

Absolute silence. Everyone stared. Thor stared in confusion and disbelief, but accepted the hammer. The Avengers silently watched the creature go.

Thor tapped his hammer. "Right. Well done." He tapped Tony's shoulder in the way past.

"Thee minutes. Get what you need." Steve ordered.

They dispersed.

~~~~

Shorter chapters, faster updates. Bear that in mind.

Peace

BTSWD