5. Oops

Complicated

Chapter 5: Oops

"Thanks but no thanks" I said.

What's up with people trying to get me drunk?

He shrugged and took a seat in the empty chair next to me. 

"I almost never can catch you alone anymore. How have you been?" he asked me.

"Same shit, different day. You know how it goes".

"Yeah. I guess I do". He sipped his beer. "How's softball?"

"Pretty awesome. We're undefeated of course. How's soccer?"

"Awesome. We're undefeated of course" he said mocking me with a smile. 

Aaron was different. I got the feeling that I didn't know him like I used to and I wanted to know him again.

Studying him from the corner of my eye, he was definitely "gorgeous" as Brianna would say. Everything was right about him.

He had a very nice, muscular body and his hair fell perfectly in his face making you want to look into his eyes. His hair was dark brown and it made his eyes pop. 

There was something about them. 

His dark blue eyes. 

They were like the ocean. They were so pretty and so mesmerizing to look into. So mind boggling. 

And my god those dimples. It was like-

"Hello! Dana?!”

I brought myself back to reality to see my best friend yelling in my face. 

She took the sprite can out of my hand and finished it off, earning a glare from me.

Aaron let out a quiet chuckle. 

"I am so over this party! Sean had to leave" she said pouting her lips.

"So I guess you’re ready to go now?" I asked her.

She nodded her head like a little innocent kid. The complete opposite of what she really was.

She finally noticed Aaron and gave him a smile.

"Aaron! I didn't even see you there".

"Hey Bri. How's it going?" he asked her.

"It's going great!" she responded eyeing the beer that he offered me not to long ago. 

"You gonna drink that?" she asked him.

"Well it was actually for Dana but she'd rather drink sprite" he said teasing me.

"You turned down beer?" Brianna was looking at me like I was crazy as she put her hand on my forehead.

"I don't wanna drink and drive".

She rolled her eyes. "I hope you’re kidding! You drunk with Calvin earlier and managed to make it to my house in top notch condition".

I froze at the sound of Calvin's name and saw Aaron shift in his seat. 

I shot a look at Bri and she realized her mistake.

"Oops" she mumbled.

Aaron knew all about Calvin. He knew that I had a crush on him but couldn't further it because I was dating Calvin at the time. 

I wish I could read his mind at this very moment. I wanted to know what he was thinking.

"Don't want the cops on your ass so no drinking is a good idea" he said.