Chapter 19

*last time on Adopted By A Band*

"How are they? My brother and my daughter?" Vic asked. The doctor sighed and showed him a small smile.

"Your brother, Micheal, will be fine but we are going to keep him here for a day or two just to make sure. As for your daughter...."
_________

~Bryce's P.O.V~

My whole body stiffened when the doctor started talking about Adrien. He paused for a moment and gave us all a sad look then continued.

"She'll live but she's in very critical condition. She's being transferred to another room along with your brother. Your brother should be up in a few hours but your daughter may not wake up for, at most, a week. We will let you know when you will be allowed to see them." With that he left.

At this point I wanted to cry but I couldn't. I was relived that she was alive but I was upset because we don't know she's going to wake up. We all just stood there in silence no one daring to spoil the moment.

"They're alive" whispered Vic.

I looked up at him. It never occurred to me that Vic would have lost just a band member but his brother and his daughter. He would have lost the most out of all of us. The fans would mourn with him but he would pretty much be on his own. He would have lost not just his family but part of him. I gave him a small smile and a hug.

"They're alive" I whispered.

He started crying and soon Jaime and Tony joined in on the hug. We stayed there for god knows how long until a nurse came to tell us which room Mike and Adrien were. We went to visit Mike first and Vic and Jaime said a few words to him. Then we went next door to Adrien's room and when we walked in it was the most horrific sight we've ever seen.

There she was this twelve year old girl all bandaged up and hooked to all kinds of machines with so many wires and tubes. Vic rushed to her side and grabbed her hand. We gathered around her bed and stared at her small, pale, fragile body laying in that hospital bed. The three guys stood there crying for hours until a nurse came in telling us that Mike had woken up. Vic looked up and bolted to the other room as we followed pursuit.

When we entered the room Vic already had Mike gathered in his arms while both cried. We walked over and joined the hug until Mike said that we were hurting him. Tony asked him about what happened and he explained what happen. He started freaking out about Adrien but when we told him she was ok and in the room next door he calmed down. We talked a bit more until Jaime said he was hungry so Tony went with him to get food and Vic went to the restroom then go to Adrien's room leaving me and Mike.

"You weren't wrong you know, but Ricardo also had a point" he said suddenly. I looked up at him.

"Me and the boys will always love Adrien no matter what, Vic more so. But that wasn't what Ricardo meant by a man loving Adrien. And I think you know that too Bryce" he explained.

"What do you mean?" I asked him. Mike gave me a small chuckle.

"You and I both know what I'm talking about Bryce so don't try to play dumb" he gave me a smile.

I sighed and looked down at my hands. He was right. I knew exactly what he was talking about and I knew exactly with Ricardo meant when he said that.