I

I don't want to be the heiress. I never wanted to be. But here I am standing in front of my parents' throne. I just felt that this royalty thing is not meant for me or maybe just for me.

I'm scared to be an heiress. I'm scared to be the future queen of our land. I'm scared to rule my kingdom. What if I fail? I don't want war between the red wolves and us. I hate that so much, to see someone suffering, to see someone in pain. We must be united instead of being disunited at all. It felt like I'm carrying already the burden of being an heir.

"Kaithlyn," Mother called my name.

I bowed at her as a courtesy. My mother is as sweet as sugar. She cared for all those people in the kingdom. She cared for our people. She showed me to love people even if they all have flaws. She showed me light even if there will be darkness ahead.

"Mother? I heard you called me from my room?" I asked

"Yes my dear, someone delivered this for you." Mom said and pointed out the red roses in the hand of our butler.

Yeah, red roses.

"What are those for?" I asked.

Of course, red roses mean love.

"Maybe someone is courting you or there's something else. Please just accept that dear," Mom said politely with a smile

My father died because of the war that happened when I was in the womb of my dearest mother. He protected the kingdom until his death and now my mother ruled this kingdom. The Kingdom, for now, is at peace. Even if there are boundaries between us and the red wolves, we share a bond with our fellow white wolves.

"Yes mother," I answered and left there and directly went to my room.

No one is allowed to walk away from the 3rd wall of the Kingdom. There is the first wall which is where this palace is built then the second wall where those not likely rich people live and where farms, villages, and markets are built.

The third wall is the way to go to the open field. The Open Field is where there is no protection of our battalions. The only third wall is protected since it is part of our Kingdom. They say the open field is a field where it is surrounded by tall trees. I've never been there and I wanted to escape here to see the outside world--I mean the outside of this kingdom.

It must be lovely to be free.

"What a lovely flower," I murmured in my room.

I can see the garden from here. I wish I could just change myself into a wolf now. But no, I'll lose my powers, I can't even control myself when I turn into a white wolf. Too much energy will be lost. That's what makes me uncertain of ruling our Kingdom. There are so many what if's.

*Knock, Knock*

"Yes?"

The door opened and mother entered my room. This quiet room of mine.

"Don't you have a class for today?" She asked

"Uh, actually I don't have a class for today. Maybe at 1," I said and smiled.

"So, what are you doing?" She asked and caressed my hair.

"Smelling the roses and reading the books from our library?"

She smiled and sat on my bed. "Oh, can you bring me one next time?"

"Of course, my queen." We both chuckled from my little humor. It doesn't sound funny at all but it'll be okay, she's my mother though. That's why I love her.

"I remember you're just like this when your young, now your almost taller than me." She said measuring my height. Aw, I can't imagine that I'm already a lady.

Well, I'm not sure if I'm even ready to be a lady. A lady has lots of responsibilities and the word 'fun' might not be included.

"Oh mother," I muttered

"Kaithlyn, you'll be officially crowned as the heiress when you turn twenty-two."

"Oh, right!" I said snapping my fingers. I'm not ready.

I'm still not crowned unless I'll turn twenty-two. Rules are rules, I believe you thought that eighteen years old must be officially crowned and presented in public right? In our kingdom, it isn't. I have read so many stories and almost finished the books in our library.

I breathed out. I want an adventure too.

"Sweetie, you must prepare. Time is fast running,"

"Mom, don't worry. I'll be fine, and besides my birthday is as far as the year," I kidded.

"You serious?" She asked raising her brows

"Uhm, don't be serious about that coronation mom. I'm not even excited. See, there's no adventure in my life," I said dissatisfied.

"Tss, tss, tss. You know what, you are like me hmm? You can have adventure within our Kingdom." She said and pinched my nose.

Let me clarify, I am not 'beautiful' for me. I just think that I'm just an ordinary girl that received a beautiful blessing which is beauty and brain.

"Mom, you know, you wouldn't allow me, remember? You wouldn't allow me to go out in the Open Field?" I smiled sarcastically and became serious...

"Yeah, okay fine. Inside our palace, you'll have an adventure in our garden, in the music room, in the dance room, in the library, in the kitchen--" I cut her off

"You knew I tried it all but there is always something missing." I heaved a sigh.

"Your still a young girl to me. I-I don't want you to get hurt."

"Yes, I am Mother." I faked a smile.

Huh! I don't want to be a prisoner. It's choking me.

"Alright then, I need to leave." She said snapping her fingers.

"In my room, right? You'll just leave it in my room? " I asked frowning.

"No, I need to leave the palace. I need to go to the village,"

"For what?!" I asked with a shock in my voice.

She's not gonna go out in the open field, right? I thought to myself.

"Calm down honey, I'll just give some food for the people. Everything must be fair," She said and winked at me.

"Wait, can I come?" I asked

She stood in front of me. "Will you?" And nodded.

"No you can't, you'll guard my throne. Soon it'll be yours when you turn into a queen,"

"Mom," I said disapprovingly

"Dear, dear, dear. You said you have a class this 1? So stay here and guard it. Easy, right?"

It's not easy. I'm scared you know?. If they just knew how I'm feeling. How badly I'm feeling.

She left me in my room. Ugh! I hate this so much. If I could just flap my wings and fly but I ain't a bird, I am a wolf.