XXXI

•Kaithlyn's POV•

I was cutting a carrot in the kitchen. Thinking abput what happened yesterday. It was a monster, a ghost.

I should listened to that book. Look at me now, haunting by those wicked ghosts. The dead and I guess it was the witches fault.

Suddenly the wind blew so hard at my face. I felt a hand at the back of neck.

I tried to turn around but there was none. I faced in front and a ghost was there.

"Aaah!" I screamed in fear and closed my eyes.

No, no, no. Everything was a lie, everything was a lie.

"Kaithlyn? Are you alright?" Jade asked in a worry.

"I-I'm okay." I lied and turned around. There was nothing but I saw my hand bleeding.

No, not my hand. My wrist! What just happened? I have no idea. My wrist was full of blood and I washed it.

"Yuck! What happened?" Jade said

The blood was washed away by the water. Death. The word death is in my wrist.

Impossible. How can a wicked witch do this to me? How was she able to know that I told someone? How was the book able to do that? The book was really cursed. It's cursed.

"No," I said, "No, it's impossible." I cried looking at my wrist

"Hey, let me look at it." Jade said and was shocked what she read. "Goodness, why did you do that?"

And she wrap a white cloth on my wrist. "Do you want to die?" Shs asked worriedly

"Where's Romina?" I asked while crying

"She's on the second floor. Both of us were, I just ran here cause I heard your voice." She said and made a knot.

"Jade, I'm scared." I said

"What are you afraid of?" She asked confusingly

"N-nothing." I lied

I guess it's Romina. It was her but I don't have any proof and evidence. It's killing me softly.

"Take a rest, Kaithlyn." Jade said and I nodded.

I went out in the kitchen. Scared to go by my own. Instead of resting I went to the library.

I searched for the book and found it. "Oh goodness," I murmured and opened the book.

I read the book again. Hope you have'nt told anyone about it. Oh gosh, there is no reason to live. She's here! She's here! The history. The first war! The war. You must know about the war.

My eyes widened seeing this. I directly put it back and searched for the war. The first war that means when my father died.

"Kaithlyn!" I heard a voice said and I was in total shock when I heard his voice.

"Eric?" I asked and faced him, "What are you doing in here?"

"Er... I just want to read books. Why are you in the history shelves? I wasn't expecting that you'll read history." He said and smiled

"Um no. I was just searchong for a book and I thought that all the shelves are the same." I lied

"So, what book are you searching?" He asked

"It's about love story." I said, "How about yours?"

"Like yours too. I reall love a love story of a teenager." He smiled at me, "Can we both read it together?"