Part 15:No Choice

Camila's POV:

It was three days ago when Lauren decided to tell me what was going on with her.Even thought what she told me literally broke my heart I'm so happy that she trusted me.Lauren is the strongest person I've ever met.She always protects me.Now that I'm suposed to be her protector I'm a little scared.I'll do my best in order to make her understand how beautiful she is,how much I love her,and how special she is to me.I'll make her believe in herself again..

''Mila..are you ready?'' I heard my mum's voice.

''I'm coming..'' I said and I ran to the living room.

''We have to go.You'll be late for your performance.'' she said worried.

I nodded and followed her to the car.Today we had a performance at the x factor.We would sing ''Hero''.

When I went to the bootcamp everyone was there except from Dinah.I sat on the couch between Lauren and Normani.I wasn't looking at Lauren but I could feel her eyes fixed on me.Finally I looked at her and she smiled weakly.

''I love you'' she whispered.

''I love you too'' I whispered.

''Good morning everyboby'' Dinah yelled when she entered the bootcamp.

''Good morning'' we all laughed.

After a while the producer entered the room too.

''Oh,thankfully you're all here.Come on girls..it's your turn.'' he said.

During the performance me and Lauren tried not to exchange any glances but when we finished the song she hugged my tightly.I wraped my hand around her waste and I burried my head on her shoulder.Τhe judges told us that our performance was excellent and that we have got much in the way of future prospects.When we went back to the bootcamp the producer told me to go to Simon's office and wait for him to come.

''Where are you going?'' Lauren asked.

''Simon told me to go to his office..'' I replied.

''Okay,I'll wait here.'' she smiled.

''You don't have to..I'll call you later baby'' I told her and kissed her cheek.

''Okay'' she smiled. 

I went to Simon's office but he wasn't there so I ensconced myself in a leather armchair next to his desk.After a few minutes Simon appeared at the door..

''Hello Camila..'' he said.

''Hi Simon'' I smiled.

''You were really good today.I'm proud of you..'' he smiled.

''Thank you.This means a lot to me..to us'' I smiled back.

''But I need to be sure that nothing is going to ruin your career..'' he said.

''What do you mean?'' I said prominently confused.

''I mean,that you already have some fans and we should be careful otherwise you lose them.'' he said deadpan.

''I still can't understand what do you mean.Our fans love us and they will never...''

''I'll tell you a story..'' he interrupted me.

''Some years ago on the x factor I decided to put together in a band five young boys..'' he started.

''One Di..'' I tried to say but he interrupted me again.

''Let me finish..'' he said. 

I was a little scared.Simon didn't use to talk to me like this..

''Those boys were really talented and I was sure they would be extremely successfull in the future.After a few months,I realised that two of them were something more..more than best friends.'' he said and looked at me with a cold gaze.

I just realized what he wanted to tell me about.He had,somehow,figured out about me and Lauren.The first thought that crossed my mind was how my life would be without her.I started to tremble and tears appeared in my eyes.

''So,we tried to keep it secret..but it was impossible.It was really obvious to many of their fans that they were lovers.Now,some of them think they're cute together but others have stopped to listen to their music,buy their albums and go to their concerts.Do you know what that means?'' he asked angrily.

I looked at him scared but I didn't say anything.

''Failure.Maybe not now..but propably in the foreseeable future.'' he continued.

''Wh-y ar-e you te-telling me all th-these thi-ngs?'' I stuttered making a pointless effort to convince him that I wasn't able to understand what he was talking about...although I could.

''I guess you know why..'' he said.

''No,I don't.'' I said angrily too.I don't know why...but the possibility to lose Lauren forever made me feel a little stronger.

''Don't lie to me Camila.Honestly,what's going on with you and Lauren?''

I froze.I'm horrible at lying.I stood up..

''It's not your business'' I shouted to him.

He stood up too..

''Of course it is.I'm your manager..so I'm the one who decides what's good for you career and what's not.'' he yelled.

''So,tell me..Are you and Lauren dating?'' he asked more calmly this time.

''Yes we are'' I shouted to him and tears started to roll down my face.

''She's my girlfriend and I love her more than anyone.No matter what you think..this is not going to change.'' I said and turned my back to him.I was about to leave the room..

''Trust me.It will change..'' he said.

I turned around in order to face him.

''Because you'll split up with her..'' he said and a tiny smile appeared on his face.

''I'll never do this..'' I said sarcastically.

''You will.Otherwise you'll go back to your home and I'll find five more cooperative girls.''

''You won't..'' I said in despair.

''Try me..'' he said.

''I don't think the other four girls will ever forgive you if you ruin their future.It's the best for all of you..and Lauren too.Do it now,otherwise I'll do it later and it'll be even harder.'' he said and put his hand on my shoulder.

''Don't touch me.'' I yelled and ran out of his office.

I went to my home and locked to my room.I cried so hard until my eyes swelled.

''I have no choice.I have to do this.I have to stay away from Lauren.'' I thought...