Part 20:We Are Out

Camila's POV:

We were standing near the stage getting ready for our performance.I was really nervous.I didn't want to ruin everything we have achieve so far.Dinah understood it so she held my hand and she smiled.

''Everything will be fine'' she whispered and she rubbed my hand with her fingers.

I smiled to her.The producer told us that we were next so I took a deep breath and headed to the stage.I tried to concentrate but I couldn't.I was looking at Lauren,at Simon and then again at Lauren.It's just not fair.Lauren is the only important thing in my life and the only one I can't have.I can't live without her but is for her own good.I guess,love doesn't always have a happy ending..

We finished the performance and we went back to the bootcamp.After half an our the producer told us to go to the stage again for the results and also Simon came with us.

''The act finishing in third place and leaving the competition is..'' Ι heard host's voice.

I started to breath heavily,but I tried to stay calm.A few seconds had pasted by but it seemed like it was hours.

Then I heard host's voice again...

''Fifth Harmony.''

My eyes blurred and I started to tremble.

''We're out...we're out of competition'' I thought and tears apperared in my eyes but I held them back.

We did a group hug and then Lauren and Ally made a small speech about our experience at the competition.

When we went back to the bootcamp I couldn't hold back the tears anymore and I started to cry.Ally was crying too.

''It is my fault.I should have perform better today.'' I thought and cried even harder.

Suddenly,I felt a hand on my shoulder.It was Lauren...

''It's okay baby..'' she whispered.

At this moment,I didn't care if we weren't in a relationship anymore or if we had to talk to each other for about a month.I just put my hands around her neck,I placed my head on her shoulder...and I cried.It was the first time since we broke up that I was feeling safe again.Having Lauren's arm wrapped around my waste was enough to make all the pain go.

''I'm sorry..'' I whispered.

Lauren looked at me.A few tears rolled down her cheeks.

''Then,why did you leave me?'' she asked.

I didn't have an answer for this.I couldn't tell her the truth.

''I love you'' It was the only thing I managed to say.

''You don't Camila..you don't.'' she said.

Normani came closer to us and smiled weakly.

''Maybe we didn't make it to the finals...but we have achieved so many things during the x-factor'' she said.

''...and we have enough fans out there in order to continue to sing.'' Ally added.

''We'll stay together...right?'' Normani asked worried.

I looked at Lauren.Dinah was next to her and had wraped her left hand around her waist.

''Yes,we'll stay together..'' I said.