Chapter 2

The campus had become more crowded since I first arrived all I saw were umbrella's, backpacks and planner everyone was just trying to get to where they needed to go. As I approach the steps to my dorm, I study it from the outside. Again its old looking. It's made of black bricks just like the school and they are gas lights on either side of the double doors. The steps up to the doors are stone. The windows are arched. I see why they call it Night Edge Academy. It's so dark,

Inside it's a little better than what I've seen so far, the carpet is wet from the rain from peoples shoes but it's still pretty. The carpets purple and the walls are made of wood. The weird chandlers were still here but everything else seemed pretty okay, I walked down the hallway a few girls walked back and forth between two rooms in the foyer, I looked into both of them as I walked past, one looked like a lounge room with a vending machine and a few couches. The other room looked like a storage room with concrete floors and storage cases. I saw a staircase ahead of me that curved up in a half spiral. the stairs were wooden and covered by a garnet colored floral carpet.

As I walked up the stairs I suddenly got an uneasy feeling. I just felt like something wasn't right here. U was in of comfortable with the atmosphere of the school and the dorms and just about everything else but I was too comfortable. It's like I was used to all this. Everything felt all too familiar. The medieval setting the darkness.my head began spinning. I could have fallen down the stairs at that moment but right when I thought I was about to pass out I reached the top of the staircase the feeling instantly faded. Maybe I'd just been standing up for too long.

Either way I didn't think much of it I just headed to my room, my room number was 1313 which I found highly odd.my luck was already running out, I just almost passed out on the staircase and my room number was 1313 which was certain to bring me more bad luck. I hope my roommate wasn't annoying or worse. 1313 was on the first floor I knew this because the first number was one so I reluctantly trudged down the hallway which wasn't all too bad. Still It was dark, but it wasn't as dark as the interior of the actual school. My room was at the end of the hallway watching the other girls as I laughed and called walking back and forth from room to room, I shoved the key into the lock, twisted it and pushed the door open.

When I walked in I took a good look around.it smelled like vanilla and the right side of the room there was a bed with white sheets and a white pillow. The walls were completely blank but on the left side of the room there was posters all over the place. The bed was covered with doctor who bed sheets and it was inhabited by an eccentric looking girl with black hair that almost had a blood red tint. There was a David Tennent bobble head on the wooden dresser that sat beneath both beds along with an alarm clock and a few makeup compacts. There was a black pack sitting all on its lonesome in the corner of the room and it was covered in skulls next to a beanbag with a vintage lace pattern all over it.

It was a goth girl's paradise. The girl on the bed got up smoothed her short black petti coat skirt and made her way over to me.

"Hi I'm Claire," she said. Then shook my hand and raised perfectly drawn arched eyebrow at me. "You should know that I have zero tolerance for bullshit so if you are into that kind of thing I would leave if I were you."

"I'm not into that kind of think I'm the complete opposite" For some reason I felt comfortable around her, she already felt like a friend usually talking to people for me is terrible I'm shy as hell but I liked Claire she had a firm yet friendly vibe about her.

She smiled back" Cool, want me to help you unpack your stuff? We might as well do some bonding buddy buddy shit like that if we are going to be roommate's for a whole semester?" Claire rambled pointing to the bags round my shoulder.

I nodded." Some help would be nice" I answered. Letting my bags fall down my arms and onto the floor.

"Alright," she said. "What's your name anyway?"

Wow today was already off to an okay start. Sure the school I was going to was instant or creepy looking but at least the dorms weren't to bad.my roommate was pretty cool. I hadn't run into any jerks so far. I was doing okay. I look at her smiling a little. "It's Caitlyn."