prologue

prologue - "new york, new york, it's a hell of a town!"

"Hey firegirl! Are you going to help or not?" Iron Man yelled into her com. Mira "Dynamite" Lam winced at the loud noise. An explosion shattered a window nearby. She ducked for cover and ran to the other side of the skyscraper. Two aliens landed near her and growled like dogs. She waved her hand, and their armour turned into flames. They fell off the skyscraper in pain.

"To hell with you, Stark," she murmured.

"I can hear you!" he yelled again. "Does anyone need help?"

"Whatever," she muttered and then cleared her throat.

"Well, Thor's fighting a squadron down on sixth," Hawkeye shouted.

"And he didn't invite me?" Tony sounded hurt.

"You guys are such children," Mira rolled her eyes. She looked at the battle happening around her from her perch on the roof of a office building whilst singing a small tune.

"New York, New York, it's a hell of a town..."

"That was a lovely parody, Ms. Lam."

"Don't judge me, Cap. You, sir, are in star-spangled tights." There was a snicker from the team. Mira grinned.

There were hideous purple-and-gold aliens flying in the sky, shooting some alien guns on their alien planes. Basically a lot of aliens. She scanned the clouds for their main commander - Loki Laufeyson. She saw a large-ish golden ship fly by. Bingo.

"I'm goin' in after the green dude! Not Banner, but by the way, where is Banner..."

"Hurry!" Natasha shouted, interrupting. Watched Loki fly around the building, Mira unleashed a whip from her wrist. It was a beautiful thing - the sparks and flames clashed very well with its glowing appearance.

"Alright, Mira, here we go," she whispered to herself, before lashing out the whip in front of her. It was perfect timing. The whip stretched out and wrapped onto the back of the Loki's ship. "Gotcha." Mira felt herself being tugged and before she knew it, she was flying around the skyscraper.

"What the hell are you doing, Dynamite?!" said Clint from the earpiece. She saw him on the roof of another building, shooting alien soldiers. She waved as best as she could.

"It's called being a superhero, Hawkeye. You should try it sometime," she said back. She heard him groan.

Turning back around, Mira climbed up the whip (with some difficulty) and promptly kicked off the three alien guards. Loki saw her and growled. He was wearing a magnificent costume, complete with a green cape and a golden helmet with sharp horns. She grinned back.

"Nice costume, bud." She casually walked over to him. "You really need better security!" she said loudly over the sound of wind rushing.

"What?!" he said back. Mira grabbed a small black ball from her side-pack, and it exploded, making a mini fireball. She held it in her hand with ease. Hey, I'm getting better at this.