thirteen

thirteen - "i don't even know what love is anymore

thirteen - "i don't even know what love is anymore."

The dress was gorgeous. Mira couldn't stop admiring it, even when Cora came into the room to help her (Mira noticed the redhead had been smiling to herself). It was made of soft purple velvet-like material that hugged her body.

"Your magic is so amazing," said Mira. "Honestly your power is better than my mutation. I mean, can you imagine the pranks I'd pull on Strange?" She laughed hard at the thought. Cora smiled. Mira seemed happy.

"Alright here's another sleeve," Cora said, directing Mira's arm. Mira looked in the mirror and gasped more. "Do you like it?" Mira nodded vigorously.

"Of. Course!" she almost yelled. Cora laughed.

The dress was even better looking than it had been on the table. It was low cut, half-backless, and had two cutouts on her sides. There were long sleeves, and the skirt reached the floor. Mira hoped she wouldn't trip over it.

"You won't trip over it, ma'am," the Lady said, almost reading her thoughts. "It's not that tight on the bottom." She pointed at the hem. Mira twirled around a couple times to gaze at the dress.

"I love it! Like so much! You have literal magic," Mira said, laughing after the last line. Cora blushed.

"You're very welcome. I just thought it might be nice for a nicer event."

"You thought correctly," smiled the Asian.

"Alright let me touch up your hair and makeup," Cora said. She looked at Mira's face in concentration and proceeded to wave her hand.

Mira felt her face tingle, as usual, and she turned back to the mirror. She now had glowing lipstick (it sort of reminded her of the holographic makeup the young people used), full winged eyeliner, and her hair was pulled up in a high ponytail. Loki's necklace hung around her neck - the pendant had turned to a dark purple to match the dress. The outfit was very elegant, but also showed a more sassy side.

"Beautiful work as always, Cora," Mira commented. Cora smiled again.

"Thank you." She waved her hands one more time, and black high heels appeared on Mira's feet. "Well it is time to go to the party. Are you ready?" Mira took a deep breath.

"Yep. I sure love going to alien parties. They're pretty weird."

A few hallways later, Mira sauntered (more like "tried not to fall") into the VIP Room. Heads turned in awe, and the chatter of the room stopped for a minute. Her whip sparked a bit in the silence.

"Go back to your uh stuff." Mira waved her hands and the room went back to noise.

"Miss Goddess!" the Grandmaster jumped up. Mira jolted but then smiled.

"Hey Grandmaster," she said warily. "Nice party." The man had his signature grin and golden robes.

"Why thank you!" he gushed. "Get some drinks, go talk to some of my subjects, and have some fun! Woohoo!" He walked off in a celebratory mood.