two

thanks for 500 reads already ahhh!!!

two - "if you're a wizard, where's your lightning bolt scar?"

Mira walked briskly down the sidewalk while Thor tried to keep up. It was a cool New York morning. There weren't too many people on the streets, which she was thankful for.

"Mira, Mira!" Thor called. She stopped and let him catch up. For a god, he was a bit of a slow walker. Mira smiled to herself. "Where are we going?"

"A couple blocks down." She walked a bit slower and pulled the sweater sleeves over her hands. She had forgotten how much taller Thor was. "To Strange's house. Or Sanctum something. Or cool, magic, secret base. Either one of those."

"Who?"

"The guy with the fancy, swoosh-y cape."

"Is he some sort of hero of New York?" Mira shook her head and pointed to the left.

"Take a left here. And not really. I mean, kinda. He's a wizard," she explained. Thor looked confused.

"A what?"

"I mean, they prefer 'Mystic Arts Masters,'" she made air quotes, "or something along those lines, but yeah. They're wizards."

"There's more than one?"

"Only one in New York at the moment, and that is Doctor Stephen Strange. I like to call him 'that one weird neighbor who gives you free food but floats around on a magic cape.'" She made a motion of a sign in the air. Thor laughed.

"Is he with the Avengers?" he asked.

"Not that I know of. They'll probably call him up eventually. Tony called up this one kid from Queens to help him, so who knows?" Mira shrugged. They turned again and walked onto a street that was much less crowded. Tall apartment buildings were on each side.

"So...what happened to you these past years?" Thor asked, a little awkwardly. Mira thought.

"Well, Kaleb is four now!" She brightened. "And I left the team. Mostly because of Kal. And adult responsibilities. Adulting is hard."

"Ah."

"It just got really dangerous after Ultron. And...And David didn't want me to help them anymore." She looked at the ground while she walked and put her hands in the hoodie pocket.

"I'm sorry. Um...again," said Thor. He fidgeted with his umbrella. Mira looked up.

"It's fine." They reached the end of the street and Mira stopped.

In front of them was a large building squished between two apartment skyscrapers. A large plaque hung on the big wooden door: "177 Bleecker St. A, New York."

"Here we are! Don't bother knocking. The door's an illusion," Mira said matter-of-factly. Thor raised an eyebrow.

"How do you know where he lives?" he asked the Asian.