five

five - "what the hell are you doing here?!"

Mira woke up to someone shaking her gently. She groaned as she sat up slowly and heard Cora shuffling around in the room. Rubbing her eyes open, she yawned.

"Morning, Cora," she waved. "Why do I have to wake up again?"

"Because," Cora said patiently. "You just have to. Plus yesterday, we missed one of the Grandmaster's fights and he was a little upset." Mira rolled her eyes. Today Cora was wearing a another light pink dress that was more plain but somewhat more elegant than the last. It was asymmetrical, the skirt was a bit longer in the back, and had long sleeves that tightened on her wrists. She was wearing small gold earrings, her hair was pulled up in a half bun, and she had silver sandals. It was very chic.

"I don't want to go to any of those things, though!" Mira protested. She honestly had no interest in the Grandmaster's gladiator tournaments. "I want to explore the city! Or something." She swung her legs out of the bed.

"Mira, be reasonable," Cora said, knowingly. "You know you can't get off this planet, so might as well go to the competitions." Mira shook her head.

"I'm definitely getting off this crap planet," she grumbled.

"It's not so bad," Cora said softly. Mira looked up and saw the magician's face was downcast.

"I'm sorry, Cora," Mira apologized. "It's just...not my home. You know?" Cora nodded, but Mira still could see a little doubt in her eyes. "Hey, you can make me especially fancy for this competition if it makes you feel better. I'm ready to be Neville Longbottom-ed."

"What does that mean?"

"Sorta like to become hotter." Mira grinned.

"Oh. You are already pretty, ma'am," Cora smiled. Mira feigned a British accent.

"You are too kind, darling!" They both laughed.

After trying on some dresses for the tournament later on in the day, Mira flopped onto the bed. The dress vanished with a wave of Cora's hand, and Mira was dressed in her sweatshirt and jeans once again. Cora held the elaborate gown in her hands and hung it on a nearby rack.

"Hey do you think we have time to explore the city? You can show me around and stuff," Mira asked. Cora thought.

"Maybe. If they let us out of here."

"Wait, they keep you in here? 24/7?" Cora tilted her head.

"What does 24/7 mean? And yes, I've stayed here since I was eligible for Ladyship."

"It means like always. Every hour of every day."

"Oh then yes. I stay here every day. I sometimes go out with the other Ladies to shop for the Grandmaster's various needs, but most of the time, the Scrappers do that for him."