eight

FOREWORD: THAT EDIT IS SO BAD AHAHAH ALSO IGNORE THE HULU SIGN ON THAT GIF OOPSIES

eight - "now this is the story of when i met a fearsome beast!"

Mira woke up, turned around sleepily, and proceeded to scream her lungs out whilst rolling off the bed. The whole blanket turned into flames. Loki yelped and jumped out of the bed.

"Mira! Mira!" Cora came running and gasped at the sight of the bed on fire.

"Get him out, get him out!" Mira said, eyes squeezed shut. Cora tilted her head a little and saw Loki frantically patting himself down so his clothing would not burn.

"Ma'am, calm down please," Cora went over to Mira and put an arm over her shoulder.

"Should I go or..." Loki motioned towards the door, and Cora glared at him. He nodded in understanding and then walked off.

"Why the hell was he in the bed?!" Mira said loudly. The redhead winced and rubbed her ear.

"He's gone, it's ok," she said. Mira opened her eyes hesitantly and then let out a breath of relief. "That was quite a reaction." They both looked at the bed where the fire was slowly diminishing. "Should we put that out?"

"Sorry," Mira murmured. They got up and started to pat out the flames. Cora gathered up the scorched blankets, pillows, and bedsheet in her arms.

"No it's fine. But if he was your ex-lover then-"

"Remember how I told you he's not my ex-lover?" Mira cut her off. Cora nodded.

"Oh right. Well, I thought it would be fine if he slept in the same bed," she said. "Otherwise, the Grandmaster would think something was wrong."

"An 'ex' means that the two people aren't together," grumbled Mira. She began to twist the whip around her wrist.

"Yes, but I don't think the Grandmaster fully understands that. Plus," Cora added, "the tabloid news claims that you two are just hiding your love for each other and that you will eventually live in Sakaar as a happy and immortal couple."

"Wow," Mira said. "Very insightful." Cora shrugged.

"They're not very reliable," she said. Mira nodded with a little laugh.

"I can imagine."

"Well I'm going to put these away and get some new ones," Cora motioned to the burnt fabric in her arms. "Stay here. I'll be back soon."

"Ok," Mira nodded. Cora went out of the room quickly, and Mira sighed. She walked by one of the chairs and sat down, rubbing her temples. It was barely the second day of Loki being freed, and she didn't know if she could handle him at all.

~

"That competition yesterday was a real shame," Bruna coughed. "The grand champion didn't even show up. What's the fun in that?" Mira raised an eyebrow at the woman.