eleven

¡ trigger warnings: hard breakup + a tiny bit of heavy swearing at the end !

eleven - "good bye."

February 15, 2013

Mira yelled out in pain and squeezed David's hand. He winced a bit but continued to hold her hand. The nurses were gathering around the two, but Mira vaguely noticed.

"You did this to me!" she shouted. David laughed a little and nodded.

"Uh huh. Stay strong, Mira," he said. "You can do it." She cried out again. She was wearing some fireproof gloves made by none other than Tony Stark. Just in case she started to blow up something.

"It's hurts like hell!" she said. He rubbed her arm.

"I know, I know."

"No you don't! Shut up!"

"Ok ok, I know that I don't know." He smiled at her, and she groaned.

"He's coming soon," the doctor said. David nodded excited.

"Push, Mira, come on!" he encouraged. Mira started pushing, tears filling her eyes. Why the hell can't pregnancy be easy?! she thought.

"Almost there!" the doctor said. Mira closed her eyes and began pushing with all her might. David held onto her hand and was saying encouragements. She felt her hands start to heat up, but the gloves stopped David's hands lighting on fire.

Before she knew it, there was a small cry. She relaxed and sank into the hospital bed, blinking away the tears. David rubbed her shoulder.

"You did amazing, babe," he said. She nodded, too tired to say anything. The nurses finished cleaning up the baby and then handed it over to her. Mira started crying again.

"This is ours," she whispered. The baby's eyes were still closed, but he wriggled around a bit in her arms. She loved him already.

"Yeah," David smiled, leaning over her shoulder. "Kaleb Tony Mark."

Three minutes later...

Before they could cherish the moment any longer, a group of people burst into the room. The nurses and doctors made some protest but then stopped when they saw who they were.

"His middle name is Tony?!" Steve declared. "How come I was not notified?!"

"Yeah, Mira!" Clint said, looking a bit mad. "If you remember, I was the first one to meet you!" Mira was about to defend herself when Tony walked in smugly, suit recently pressed and sunglasses perched on his nose.

"Why hello there, Mark's," he said with a proud grin. "Hello there, little Tony." Natasha rolled her eyes but went near the couple with a smile.

"Hey, Kaleb," she said softly. Mira held the baby near the redhead, and Natasha laughed a little when he reached up blindly. "He's active already. I can tell he's going to be a hyper one."