Sing It Out

Gerard's POV:

When I got to school, my stomach was turning with anxiety. The day we were going to audition to the Winter Ball's organization team finally came.

I tried to calm myself down, saying everything would be fine and whatever happened, happened. It wasn't working very well, though.

In the middle of the school day, our classes were cancelled and the principal called all the students - grade by grade – to talk to us.

"The Winter Ball is a beautiful tradition here in our school. Thus, it is important that you are respectful and follow the rules imposed."

Then, he spent about 20 minutes talking about what to dress and what not to do and how to behave and whatever. He did that every year. Nobody ever payed attention, but, this time, I did. Because I was actually going to the ball. Well, probably. If the organization group accepted us.

"In order to make an outstanding evening, you'll now be sent to a dance class."

Now, everybody was paying attention. And complaining.

"Dance class?"

"What the hell?"

"We never had that before!"

"Why?"

"Silence!" the principal screamed. "You are seniors now. Thus, must represent the school by means of dance, which must be impeccable. Now, follow Mrs. Maire to your dance class.

We followed our literature teacher to the library. Everybody was whining and complaining.

Once we got there, Mrs. Maire made us get in pairs and started teaching us how to dance.

Ray, Frank and I manage to run away and hide through the book shelves. Suddenly, I received a message from Mikey.

Emily said our audition is in about 20 minutes. Where are you?

I answered.

Library. Apparently seniors have dance classes for the ball??

A few seconds later, he replied.

Lol! Wanna see that. I'm coming.

I locked my phone and looked up, only to see Mrs. Maire staring at me, Frank and Ray, very mad.

"Go." It was all she said.

The problem was not only that we didn't want to dance. It was that no girl wanted to dance with us.

After insisting a lot, Mrs. Maire sighed and let us sit. We sat on some chairs in the middle of the library, close to a globe. Mrs. Maire put a disc on the old phonograph and all the seniors started dancing around us.

"Wow. That's super weird." Said Mikey when he arrived. He sat with us and we kept waiting while watching the others dance. I looked at Carter dancing with Danna and laughed.

"C'mon, guys, it's time." Mikey said after a while, showing us a message from his friend Emily.

I felt my stomach turning again as I got up, my anxiety consuming me. Frank put his hand on my shoulder and smiled. I took a deep breath and we walked away.

We explained the situation to Mrs. Maire and she dismissed us. We walked towards the auditorium and got there a few minutes later.

"There you are!" said a light brown-haired girl when we arrived. She was really small.

"Hey, Emily." Mikey said. She smiled and turned around.

"C'mon, came fast! We don't have much time!"