Angels in the Night: Chapter Thirteen

A/N: Sorry guys! Long time no see xD! It's good to be back and writing, and I've finally gotten around to uploading Angels in the Night! To all you I Play for Keeps fans, that'll come soon, too! Pic of Lucia on the side!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Kill me?” I repeat.

“She’s been hunting you down since your birth. Because she still has “Nephillium based powers” she can locate a Nephillium with ease. Every time you use your powers, Mai’s radar goes off and she’s one step closer to killing you.” Hailey explains.

“Then I can’t use my powers!” I can’t believe they knew some deranged psychopath is after me, and they never said a thing!

“That’s what she’ll want you to do. As long as you don’t’ use your powers, the Demmonan will easily kill everyone else. Once they’re all dead, it will be easy to get to you.” Nicky says.

“So to oppose what Mai thinks I’ll do, I gotta use my powers so she can track me down to kill me?”

“Exactly.”

“This makes no sense.” I sigh.

“And what’s with Nicky’s brother. I didn’t know you had one.” I turn to Nicky. “But they did?!”

“Nicky’s brother is powerful. Someone you don’t want to mess with. Remember Lisa? The one you fought an hour or so ago? Do you remember the man she mentioned? His name was Grant. He’s Nicky’s brother. He controls the Legion that has been assigned to kill the Nephillium.”

“What about getting the others?! How do we know they’re ok?”

“We don’t. you gotta care about your safety first and foremost.”

“But if Mai can find the Nephillium, can’t we?”

“Only the Iris can.” Nicky answers.

“Ok well I am the Iris. So I can do it.” Jeez, one second they say they need me, and the next they don’t think about how to use me.

“Looch, you can’t.”

“Yes I can! I’m the freaking Iris! I can do it, I can!” I bark back.

“Yes! And Mai’s been around for five hundred years. And…she was just amazing with her Gift.” Dane says, sighing.

“Well I’m pretty damn…”

“LUCIA! Nicky screams, grabbing my attention. “Mai wasn’t your ordinary Iris! She had the Sight!”

Sight? What the hell is a Sight?!