Angels in the Night: Chapter Twenty Two

A/N: Hey guys! This chapter isn't as long, and it also doesn't have as many POV switches lol I don't really have much to say other than READ, VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, TUMBLR, INSTAGRAM, ETC!!!! Love you all!

Enjoy<3

Hailey POV

Hailey was standing alone on the shore outside the house early in the morning. For some strange reason, she couldn’t sleep at all. She kept having the same dream over and over again. It was of the day her region was taken over by Grant, an ugly demon who was still trying to hunt Hailey down and capture her to use her powers for heaven only knew what.

“Please escape, Hailey! You must leave us all behind!” A servant pleaded.

Why?! What’s the meaning of this?! Hailey responded, frightened.

“Grant is attacking us and he’s coming for you!”

“After me?!” She repeated, not believing it.

“Yes! Please hurry!” She begged again.

“What about everyone else?!” Hailey asked frantically.

“Escape now and leave us behind!” She repeated.

“But…” Hailey began hesitantly.

“Hurry!” The servant screamed, pushing her out of a window. Hailey then fled without a word. Once she was high enough in the air and safely away from her homeland, she looked back in time to see her home being swallowed by the darkness.

“Everyone!” Hailey screamed in desperation

Just as quickly as it started, the memory ended abruptly. Hailey sobbed to herself, looking up at the sky. She wondered what had happened to her region, to her people and friends. She knew it wouldn’t be any use trying to find them. She knew that many of them were probably hurt or dead. She just prayed that they were in heaven finally and didn’t have to look after the human world anymore like Hailey did.

“Thinking about your home?” Riley asked, suddenly appearing behind her. Hailey jumped in surprise. “It’s no wonder why we’d think about them here.”

Lucia POV

I had been walking along the shore, looking for Hailey for like an hour. She just loved disappearing on me, didn’t she? I had woken up, and gone to get Hailey for breakfast, but she wasn’t in her room. She wasn’t anywhere in the house. And come to think of it, Riley wasn’t home either.

It didn’t surprise me that Riley wasn’t home. She seemed like the kind of girl who roamed around a lot. It didn’t bother me, either. I knew that it would take some time for Riley to adjust to everything here. But I couldn’t understand why the two of them would go out somewhere and leave me behind. It bothered me a little.

Then again, I got lost trying to find the both of them. So at this point, I was more concerned about getting home, and then I’d go and try to find the two again. And hopefully I wouldn’t get lost again. I tripped over a stick in the sand and me being the klutzy girl that I am; I fell and landed right in Ace’s arms.

“What are you doing out here?” He demanded after helping me get back to my feet. I blushed. Why did I always end up with Ace? “Did you come to look for the kid, too?” He asked. I furrowed my eyebrows.

“The kid?” I repeated.

“You didn’t hear?” I shook my head. “Early this morning a little girl went out here and she hasn’t’ come back since. The police are all over the place. The parents have started a search party and are offering a reward if anyone can find her. I was just looking for her.” Ace answered. “Anyway, aren’t you a little far from your place?” He asked. I nodded and he pointed me back in the direction I should’ve been going.

“I’ll see you later!” I called after him. He smiled and said he’d call me. He’d call me!!!!!!! I couldn’t get over that he would call me and I once again found myself aimlessly walking around the beach.

Ace was right. There were police everywhere. They were putting up yellow tape everywhere and they had search dogs. Some people were digging around in the sand, thinking she might have been trapped in there.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, there was an explosion coming from the shore. The waves suddenly became rough, and had grown from three feet to ten feet. The police and volunteers’ quickly evacuated the area. I remained, my feet planted on the sand. I was staring at the ocean, looking for any sign of something that was out of the ordinary. Right on cue a whirlpool formed and I swear to God I saw them in the water.

It couldn’t be…

Lisa POV

“Come to me Nephilium. For I will take you for sure this time.” Lisa whispered, hidden under the water.

“The powers of the Nephilium. The light they bring. Without that shine, this place is all too dark. My hopeless wish won’t be granted without her.”

Lisa bowed respectfully to her master. “I’ll bring you the remaining Nephilium.” She promised, hoping he’d listen to her.

“Forget about it. Be gone.” He ordered coldly.

“But Grant!” She protested. His eyes finally met hers and she shuddered. Never before had he looked upon her with such hatred and disgust.

“There are countless numbers of people who can replace you.” He said before disappearing.

“His heart is mine! I will not give it to another!” Lisa vowed.

Lucia POV

Finally I had found them. I left Ace and went out to search for Hailey and Riley after that weird thing happened with the ocean. Maybe they would know what was going on. And I would need their help if it was a Demonan. After around five minutes of searching around the house, I bumped into Riley.

“Guys! There’s trouble. I think one of them is here.” I announced. Riley turned her head to the ocean and narrowed her eyes.

“I knew it. Let’s hurry.” She said, taking my arm and taking off toward the shore. We had descended into the water and were searching for Lisa, the Demmonan with the affinity for water. Finally we saw her, controlling her water creature things.

“Go wild!” Lisa shouted, throwing her arms toward the two girls. So it was her after all. Both were of us were able to doge the creature at the last minute and were approaching her quickly before she had the chance to attack again.

“I won’t allow this any further.” I yelled as we got closer to her.

“We’re your opponents.” Riley spat. “Not them.” She added, pointing upward toward the shore. “So you best be prepared.”

“I’ll take you to Grant as a gift.” She screamed, sending three creatures at us. I was able to doge the first one, but the second one rammed into me, and I lost the air that my lungs were so desperately hanging onto. I wasn’t an angel right now, and that’s the only thing that could save me. But I was too weak to unfold my wings.

“Up! We must go up!” Riley shouted, taking my arm as black spots surrounded me. I tried to remain conscious for as long as I could to pay attention to whatever was going on. I noticed that in Riley’s other hand was a small girl. She had found the girl! And that Demmonan was the reason for her disappearance like I thought.

Riley took me to the shore before running back into the water to take care of Lisa. I was surrounded by several people. All of them were murmuring something about an angel and I cursed. Of course. Riley revealed herself. I knew she was trying to watch after us, but I was worried that someone would recognize her. What if she turned into dust?! I was taken out of my thoughts when I began to choke up the water that was filling up my lungs. People were patting my back, and I flinched away from them, afraid they’d feel my wings. “I’m fine. It’s ok! Take care of the little girl!” I ordered.

I looked back at the sea and noticed a weary, human, Riley emerge from the water. She had several cuts and bruises, but other than that she looked alright. She gave me a nod and I stood to join her. It was done. We had won again.