Angels in the Night: Chapter Twenty Three

A/N: Hey guys! Nothing too special in this chapter, kinda just a filler really. Don't hate me for it lol. I hope you guys will...READ, VOTE, FAN, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, TUMBLR, INSTAGRAM, ETC. And...

Enjoy!<3

Grant POV

He was sitting in a hot spring, soaking in the heat. The spring was dotted with tiny little lily pads. He heard footsteps approach him, and he smiled, realizing who it was.

“Thanks for coming, Maria.” If any of the Demmonan, his minions, was his favorite, it would be Maria. She was beautiful. Perfect long golden hair, electric blue eyes, tall, hourglass figure, and legs as long as a spider’s. She was the kind of girl that would make any man fall to his knees. And he treated her like the goddess she was.

“Of course. I’m always here to serve.” She purred, touching his shoulder.

“Only that?” He teased, thinking to all the other things they had done together. In response, she giggled and laced her arms around his chest. Normally, he’d push any of the others away, but Maria was sexy as hell and he knew she wouldn’t fail him.

“You’re mean, as always.” She said, laughing. Her voice was so seductive. “You know that it’s not the only reason. I heard that you still haven’t captured the newest Nephilium.” She began, placing her head on his shoulder. He shuddered in pleasure.

“The remaining Nephilium will come to me eventually. Right now we’re only attacking them…” Grant defended.

“But up to now, those trying to catch them haven’t been competent enough, have they?” Her cold breath made the hairs on the back of his neck stand. She took a lily in her hand and turned it into ice.

“As always, you’re one cold woman.” He whispered.

“Or could it be just you who doesn’t like this kind of girl?” she challenged seductively.

“No. You amuse me. I’ll be awaiting the good results.” He said, turning off the charm.

“Leave everything to me.” Maria assured. “I’ll freeze their very souls, just like this ice.” She promised as he left.

Lucia POV

“A legend of human love?” I asked Nicky.

“What’s that?” Hailey finished for me.

“It’s a story of your distant ancestors. Long ago, a Nephilium who loved a human saw him get stuck at sea. The Nephilium that secretly loved him revealed her true identity, even though she would turn to dust. Flying while holding a candle, she guided him to a cave on land. She died after she brought him to safety…I think…” Nicky explained.

“How tragic…” I began, thinking about if I would die for Ace. It wasn’t something I enjoyed thinking about. There was so much to consider. Did Ace really love me too? I wouldn’t bother myself with it now. I didn’t even know if I loved him or not.

“Although the cave is usually underwater, once a year, the tides drop, and you can go into the cave. I’m sure it’s some tourist trap now, but it may be interesting to look at. You may find something about the prophecy that may be useful.” She offered, stirring her coffee.

“So that’s a legend of human love, huh,” Riley began, walking into the kitchen.

“When does the cave open?” I asked eagerly.

“Tomorrow!” Nicky cheered.

“What happened to the boy afterward? Did he tell the world about what he saw?!” Hailey asked. Nicky shrugged in response.