Angels in the Night: Chapter Nineteen

A/N: I hope you guys like it! A semi-longish chapter! How wonderful! I hope you all are enjoying your lovley summer! I know I am :))))) Anyway, READ, VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, TUMBLR, INSTAGRAM, ETC.

Enjoy! <333333

“Lucia!” Ace yelled across the campus, grabbing my attention. I turned around, smiling. I kissed Ace. Not that he knew it was me. But I knew. And that was the best feeling in the world. It had almost been a week since our awkward date between Ace and the Lucia he knew from school.

We hadn’t exactly talked since then.

“Yeah?” I responded once he reached my side. Nervous butterflies filled my stomach, but I pushed them aside.

“This Saturday, I’m gonna be in a wakeboarding contest at the lake by the edge of town. I’d love to see ya there.”

Crap. Ever since I kissed him, I’ve been trying to avoid him. What Hailey said was finally beginning to get to me. If I fall in love, I’ll confess which will turn me into dust. As much as I loved Ace, I couldn’t risk turning into dust. I don’t want that to happen, but it’s a wakeboarding contest. He probably wouldn’t see me, let alone talk to me. I looked back to Ace, who was giving me an expectant look. I gulped, knowing how upset Dane, Nicky and Hailey would be with me.

“Sure!” I chirped. He grinned and ran ahead of me to go meet his friends, leaving me to figure out what the hell I had just gotten myself into.

“WAKEBORADING COMPETITION?!?!?! What the hell are you thinking?!” Dane screamed.

“I’m just going to watch!” I argued. He was being way too overdramatic about this thing. I would be standing in a crowd of people, watching them compete. He wouldn’t even notice me.

“Absolutely not! I won’t allow you to go alone with this boy somewhere!” Dane shouted, still angry with the thought of me dating Ace. Suddenly, an idea popped into my mind.

“How about everyone comes along? Would you say yes to that?” I gave him my best puppy dog look, hoping to melt his stone heart. Hey maybe that Demmonan turned his heart to stone! I chuckled at my thought and Dane narrowed his eyes at me. He groaned, but eventually nodded his head and left my room to inform the others about what we’d be doing Saturday.

YES!!!!

“Welcome to today’s competition!” The announcer shouted into a megaphone. “The waters are beautiful and it’s a peaceful day here at the lake. And it looks like the contestants are ready to start!”

I was walking next to Nicky and scanning the crowd. Dane and Hailey had chosen to stay toward the back to not draw any attention. The two of them were so socially awkward. It wasn’t like they had tattoos on their heads that read ‘ANGEL: DO NOT COME NEAR!’ Who would guess that these two would be some mythological creature that religious people prayed to. But if they wanted to believe that, I wasn’t going to pop their bubble. And they stuck out enough. Both were wearing long sleeved shirts and long jeans. Where’s the snow? I thought to myself when I first saw what they were wearing. But they said it wouldn’t draw attention to them. From what I could see, there were some people in the crowd staring at the two of them.

Nicky and I were the normal ones out of group, and we had accordingly dressed in shorts and t-shirts.  “I wonder where we go…” Nicky’s voice trailed off as two good looking guys approached us.

“Hey ladies. Don’t you look nice today.” One guy said, wrapping his arm around my waist. I tried to move, but his grip was too tight for me to do anything other than stand there. If Ace saw me like this, any chances of a second date would be ruined for sure. “We’ll be glad to take you to where you need to go.”