1

"I just don't understand why they can't just move here!" I yell as my mom packs my suitcase.  "Because sweety, Andy's job is in Australia and it wouldn't be right. " "Well,  it's not right for me to have to quit school right when I'm about to graduate! I had plans!  I have friends! " I yell as I grab my stuff back out of the suitcase and throw them on the bed.

My mom sighs.  "Hayley..." "Why can't I stay with dad?" I ask and she frowns.  "You know Jennifer isn't going to let you stay. It'll just cause problems. I'm sorry honey,  I am but,  you can finish your classes online and receive your diploma in the ma... " "NO! NO! "

I run out of my room with my mom calling after me.  I run out of the house and down the street. I run until I find myself knocking on the door of the person I wanted to be with right now.  Who I could cry to,  rant to, be upset with and who would listen.

The door opens and I'm staring into welcoming green eyes. "Hayley? " That voice broke me,  I fell into his arms. "Hayley,  what's wrong? " "Michael,  don't let her take me away."

Michael pulls me inside, one arm wrapped tightly around me,  the other closing and locking the door. We walk to the couch and flop down.

"Hayley, talk to me." I sniffle as I rub my nose on the back of my hand.  "Use my shirt." Michael whispers and I giggle "Ew no. " I look up at him and he smiles.

"What's going on? " He asks and I sigh. "It's my mom! She met this rich guy and they started dating about 8 months ago.  Well he proposed to her while him and his son were here last month. Now we're moving to Australia. "

Michael laughed harshly "Saw that coming." I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. "I'm graduating in 4weeks Mike!  I can't leave now! We were gonna go to Calum's party graduation night. I can't miss out hanging with you guys." I whined.

Tears were filling my eyes and I hate crying,  it shows weakness. "Well,  why don't you stay here?" He asks.

I turn and look at Michael.  "Really?!" He smiled. "Yeah, my parents love you being here. "

I smiled. "They'd have to,  me you had quite a time while my mom was in Australia with that bloke." Michael cracked up. "Bloke? What are you British? " We laughed.

"It's all good Hayley. I'll have my mom talk to yours when she gets home. " So we played video games until Michael's mom Karen came home. She hugged me as I explained everything to her. 

"Of course I'll talk to her. You shouldn't miss your graduation just because your mom met a new man." That was a bit uncalled for,  but she's right.

Karen talked... No argued with my mom over the phone. Me and Michael listened.  "That's no reason for a child to miss out on graduation! You're making her life more difficult than it needs to be by up and moving... "

"Well,  if this man is so great!  He can wait until YOUR CHILD is graduated!  No man means more than your child's education!"

Karen argued with my mom for about 45 minutes until finally,  she proved her point. "Alright hun. It's done."

I gasped. "Really?  I can stay? " Karen smiled. "Just until after graduation. You leave the next day." I hug her tight.  "Thank you so much!" I ate dinner with the Clifford's tonight. I knew as I walked home,  it was a storm waiting for me.