Chapter 1|| GAINING SCHORLARSHIP

Teemarh's POV

The July rainy weather was so romantic that i don't want to get off my bed, i covered myself with my blanket hoping that Ummi won't come waking me up for no reason and interrupting my peaceful sleep. I closed my eyes wishing to grab some morning sleep when suddenly i remembered the face of the most handsome being i've ever seen my entire life, i smiled sheepishly to myself knowing for a fact that the guy doesn't know i exist, "funny huh". Well i happen to see him on the daily trust magazine, i might sound funny but at the same time it's not funny at all cus i like him, no like is an understatement i mean i love him, YES i love, i damn love him, it was love at first sight.

I couldn't sleep due to the fact that i keep thinking about the handsome guy i never happen to see, not once. My Samsung S3 that was under my pillow started vibrating, "ahhhhh" i groaned before picking up the phone wondering who would be calling at dis early hour. I checked and the caller ID was an unknown number so i refused to pick but then another call came in again, i hissed before picking thebcall and the next thing ihear was"Hello Fateemarh Mahmoud on the line", i answered with " yes" and then i heard the most surprising news which made my day , and the news was "Congratulations Fateemarh Mahmoud, u've gained scholarship at international community school Abuja, so get ready because a car will be picking you up by 11:00am, goodluck", i frozed for like 10min before i finally started screaming jumping on my bed, throwing my bedsheets and pillow, shouting " yesssssss, finally my dream is coming true".

Ummi came into my room, by the look on her face i know she's furious but then i don't give a damn, all that matters to me is the scholarship i gained, i cut her off as she was about to speak by saying "Ummi guess what" she only looked at me saying "keep ur mouth shut, and stop screaming like some mad woman who was just released from a physiatric hospital" at first i felt disappointed about what Ummi said but then i cheered myself up and told her dat i've gain scholarship and i will be leaving in some hours time, Ummi was so happy after hearing the news, she congratulated me and asked me to go take my bath while she prepare breakfast for me so i won't be late.

I gave myself a warm shower then got dress in my Malaysian lemon green buba

before walking  out of my room to the dinning area where i met Ummi waiting for me to have my breakfast

before walking out of my room to the dinning area where i met Ummi waiting for me to have my breakfast. We had a peaceful breakfast before heading back to the living and there my Ummi started lecturing me to take care of myself, you know how Nigerian mothers can be, she was like "Habibty take care of your self, don't keep bad friends, always remember your background, always remember that you are a nobody other than the little Fateemarh whose Father passed away at a tender age and have to grow up with a single parent in the hardest way of life", by now my eyes have already start watering and tears running down my cheeks non stop. Ummi wiped away my tears assuring me that everything is gonna be fine for this is just the beginning of our success story.