CHAPTER 6|| THE PRINCIPAL'S CALL

The pic up there is Clara's pic aka chewing gum Clara.

Hakeem's POV

       We were all seated having lunch in the cafeteria when K boy looked at me then looked away smiling sheepishly to  God knows what, "Why?" I asked a bit irritated my lips tugging in a quirky smile,  he repeated it, I couldn't hold it any longer, "K boy can you please explain to us the reason behind your smile since we entered the caf?", his smile widened and I could feel my irritation turn into anger cos what he was doing was downright annoying.

He looked at each one of us "Bash, Sadiq don't you guys notice something? " he asked his eyes  roving between the two of them, they shook their head in reply  shrugging  simultaneously, he placed his spoon down, averting his gaze to me before saying "well as for me, I can see fate is clearly bringing the scholar girl with our buddy here together, don't you guys think so?", he asked  averting his gaze to Bash and Sadiq who nodded in agreement, Bash only continued with his food this guy is too cold, " I turned to K boy who brought up the topic before saying "I agree fate is bringing us together but then I pity the scholar because life won't be easy for her from now on", I concluded smirking as the thought of  the kind of hell  that awaited her popped into my head, "you should be careful dude, don't make her regret coming  here in the first place", Bash said without looking up, I smiled to myself because that's exactly what I want, for her to regret coming here and wish she could be invisible.

Sadiq who had been silent finally spoke I could tell he meant what he was saying from the look on his face "I really pity the girl, I don't know why you choose to make life difficult for her, can't you just let her be?", he muttered in one breath the latter coming off as a question,  Bash nodded in agreement, I don't know why Bash keeps siding with the scholar, it's kind of weird, " well I don't think I can do that because I can't stand a low class girl like her as my classmate talk less of seatmate", I stood up  I didn't want to talk about it any longer and  the best way I could avoid the topic was  leaving the cafeteria and the boys  followed suit.

AnonymousPOV

        It's been a week and life has not been easy for poor Teemarh, Hakeem never lost a chance to make life hard for her and same goes to Sophie, Teemarh was doing her best to avoid any trouble that will come her way but all went in vain, Hakeem made sure she wiped his seat every morning and took his homework to the dorm, if he got one answer wrong he would give her a 20 leave notebook to write an apology letter with over 1000 lines in just 5 paragraph Poor Teemarh. At first she prove stubborn not wanting to do all that he asked her to do but  he threatened to set a trap for her and he promised the trap will be the reason for her dismissal from the school.
Zulaiha was doing her best to see that she helped her friend one way or the other even though Teemarh hated being pitied.

     Bash, K boy and Sadiq knew all that was going on but  never got themselves involved. They rather watched from afar enjoying the fun birds of the same feather......

Teemarh's POV

      It was a free period so I was going through a topic in Literature when a girl from junior class walked in and announced that the Principal was calling for the head girl and boy, I turned around to where Hakeem was sitting with his friends jisting , it was obvious he had heard the girl's announcement,  her voice is high pitched and she spoke loud enough for not only us but the class ahead to hear that, the handsome jerk just sat there like he heard nothing and I couldn't leave without him because the principal might  send me back to call him.

I stood up and walked to him knowing the kind of wrath I might be facing,   Clara had her eyes fixated on me  while loudly chewing gum, waiting to see what was going to happen  so she could spread round the school maybe. I don't mind though, I walked to where he was sitting and Bash was the first to look up at me before averting his gaze as if I was some kind of bad luck poor me, I cleared my throat and I didn't only attract Hakeem's attention but that of his friends too he looked at me with narrowed eyes waiting to hear what I had to say, "uh....uhm.."  y on earth am i stammering? my voice just have to deceive me now that I needed it to be clear and straight, "will you just go straight to the point and stop making a fool of yourself" came Hakeem's impatient voice, I looked to Clara's direction  and she was giggling, I gathered up all the courage I could muster shredding the fear " the principal wants to....." I started, "you can go, I will see him later", he cuts me off , " but he.....", "don't let me repeat myself", he cuts me mid sentence again, his friends and some of my classmates giggled making me look like a complete fool I hate this feeling.

I had no choice but to leave by myself,  I walked out of the class and went straight to the principal's office, I greeted him and he answered pointing to a seat serious talk I guess.  I sat down, where is Hakeem? he asked "He is on his way" I blurted the answer marveling inward at how fast I came up with the lie,  I avoided his gaze, grateful he was  busy with his PC I enjoyed the quietness of the place the humming of the AC and clacking of the keyboard the only noise occupying the room.

Hakeem showed up after what seemed like forever, he greeted the principal with  respect and I'd be lying if I say I wasn't amazed this is so unlike him he took the seat next to mine after the principal had pointed to it, the man cleared his throat  I raised my head looking at the principal and from my peripheral vision Hakeem also had his eyes on him.  "There will be an inter schools debate competition in a month's time and you and Hakeem will be representing our school" he finally announced.

Hakeem's POV

      "Why on earth does it have to be the scholar again, the girl is really getting on my nerves, must I do every single thing with her, I'm the head boy she's the head girl and then she's made my seatmate, and  she has to be the one the school authorities partner me with in the debate ... We will be representing the school and that means  'WE'  will have sit together and combine ideas" I lamented anger boiling within me, the  guys only looked at me none of them uttering a word.  Bash scooted closer to me placing his hand on my shoulder  "take it easy man, we know how hard it is for you but you need to calm down, getting mad won't help the situation", he ended quietly."Then what do you want me to do?" I asked staring into his eyes. He smiled  "what you've always been doing", "meaning?" I asked confused. "Well, we all know that the scholar does your assignments for you, so it won't be a big deal if you ask her to prepare for the debate  alone, all you have to do is go through it when she's done and make corrections if necessary", he paused and Sadiq and K boy nodded in agreement, my lips stretched in a smile never for once did that idea cross my mind.
I gave Bash a friendly punch  "dude you be bad boy", they all laugh it off  "and you be the baddest"  Sadiq retorted a sly smile appearing on his face, we all burst into laughter.
I can't just wait for tomorrow so I can tell that so  called Teemarh or whatever her name is to do the research for the debate all alone.

Teemarh's POV

        "Are you comfortable with Hakeem being your partner in presenting the debate?", Zulaiha asked her voice voicing the worry on her face, she knows all I've been going through ever since our seats were changed and now this, I looked at her  sadly "I'm really not ok with this, I know Hakeem won't stop at nothing to see that he makes my life miserable, I don't think I can cope with him", I ended  tears brimming my eyes Hakeem is really a monster, a total jerk, Zulaiha circled her hand on my shoulder in a soothing manner, I just hope everything goes right during our research for the debate.

Hi guys! Hope u ar all fyn, sorry for not updating on time and again u guys ar not encouraging at all, but nevertheless will keep on updating u.

Kindly vote and comments.

Much luv