CHAPTER 7|| DISAGREEMENT

Next day

Teemarh's POV

As usual I got to school on time, conducted assembly, inspected every class library and laboratories inclusive before going to class.
I walked to the class wondering the Hakeem I will be meeting today, is it the grumpy wicked Hakeem or the handsome famous Hakeem. I settled down the moment I entered the class bringing out my English textbook to revise before the teacher shows up.

Y money and his gang show up not long after I settled down, they all give me a look which i become suspicious of, Y money smirked at me before sitting down without a word, in few minutes the class becomes full and we are all waiting for the teacher so we can start our lessons, Gloria went to inform the teacher we are ready after submitting our assignments to her.

After two lessons we had a free period, most of my mates were chatting and playing games instead of studying.
Hakeem cleared his throat and I turned to him, he eyed me muttering "I want you to do all the researches for the debate, when you are done let me know so I will check it out", he said in one breath.

I was devastated at the news clueless of what to do, I looked at him speechless did he hate me that he? to the extent he can't co-operate with me for a research.

I sighed before looking him straight in the eye
"Well, I'm sorry but I can't do the research alone, it's either we do it together or I report you to the principal" I blurted without a second thought.

"WTF!" was what came out of his adorable red lips which gained the attention of class.

"Come with me" he uttered dragging me to God knows where.

He stopped when we reached the end of the hallway releasing my hand from the tight grip then shoved me to a corner. He looked me in the eye, his eyes blazing like burning coal.
"Who the hell do you think you are to talk to me in that manner?" he fumed his voice sending shivers down my spine.

I was mute because I had lost my voice, my lips moved but nothing came out.

" I guess you have nothing to say, well let me make one thing clear to you, I Hakeem Mas'ud aka Y money is the owner of this school you gained scholarship into my building, it is under my name so if you want study here you must do whatever I ask you to, because even the school authorities don't have a say when it comes to me".
I looked into his eyes, my eyes welled with tears.

I've already start to regret knowing this guy, he's not only a jerk but a monster, I hate (the opposite) him as much as I hate Cinderella's step mother.

I lowered my head not wanting to meet his gaze. He hissed before giving me a dirty disgusted look.

"Now it's to you, it's either you do the research alone and stay in this school to get your O level certificate or don't do the research and I will make sure you find your way out of this school to your dirty filthy slums".
He walked away only for me to notice his friends had been there and listening in on our conversation all along. I couldn't stand it anymore, I needed to let out whatever was within me. I ran all the way to the rooftop and screamed at the top of my voice to the world.

"Arhhhhhhh, why me? Why why why?, can't I just have a peaceful life, is it a crime to be born poor? is it a crime to live in the slum? is it a crime to gain scholarship in a school meant only for the rich?" I screamed the latter the tear I had been holding rolling down my cheeks.