CHAPTER 24||PROM PARTY

Teemarh's POV

It was time for the prom party and soon Hakeem will come pick me up, I'm just applying some finishing touches on my makeup, Zulaiha helped me with it and it was simple just as I requested.

Zulaiha had been happy all these while knowing that Bash was going to be her date, he called her out yesternight and asked her to be his date, Zulaiha being the desperate one accepted his offer.

"Hey Tee, I'm off, Bash just called he's outside." I smiled at Zulaiha who hurried out waving her hand at me.

I sat down and was checking my phone from time to time, why is y money not here? Is he ashamed to take me there as his date? different questions kept playing in my head.

I was getting restless when my phone rang, it was Hakeem.  I picked up on the first ring.

"Hello Tee, I'm outside your hostel." I didn't reply instead I hung up and picked my clutch, I slipped my phone inside and step out locking the door behind me.

I went outside and saw Hakeem looking dashing and handsome in a black trouser with white shirt, he smiled at the sight of me and I on the other side frowned simply because he kept me waiting.

"Sorry for being late my princess." I chuckled at the tone he used.  "You look beautiful," he complimented and smiled.

"Thanks, you don't look bad yourself," I eyed him ogling his perfect body shamelessly.

"Shall we?", he asked with his hands out for me to take.

"Sure, we shall," I slide my hands in his and off we went.

We reached the hall on time just as the party was about to start, I spot Zulaiha with Bash having fun and gisting, I saw Sophie looking beautiful in a pink prom dress with Halil by her side, even though she had a sour expression she still looked beautiful like a princess, K boy and Sadiq were just seated gisting without their dates, I wonder if those two even have girlfriends.

"Come on let's find ourselves a seat," we sat down and we were served our drinks in just few minutes. It was a luxurious party, sure the rich really enjoyed everything to it's fullest, they have whatever they want in a snap of a finger.

"Hey are you okay, you seem nervous?" Hakeem noticed how I kept fiddling with my fingers.

"Yeah I'm fine, just getting used to the party," he nodded his head before giving my hand a squeeze.

"Do you mind dancing with me?" he asked and I immediately looked at him with my eyes bulging out of their sockets.

"What! I..I'm sorry but I can't dance."

He smiled at my response and stood up, he came to my side and raised me up to my feet and started walking to the dance floor.

"Wait what are you doing? I told you I can't dance."

"Don't worry, I will teach you," was his response and with that I found myself in the middle of the dance floor, I looked around and saw that all eyes were on me.

"Babe I can't do this."

"Shhhh, I told you not to worry right, just trust me."

I looked at him and what I saw in his eyes makes me want to trust him and give this dance a chance. I nodded my head and he signalled Laurence King who happened  to be Anita's boyfriend and currently the DJ here. He played Thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran .

The lights went off and was replaced by dim lights, Hakeem held my left hand in his while he  swirled his right hand on my waist moving me closer to him, we danced in such a romantic way moving from one place to another with Hakeem swirling me around from time to time and soon the music came to an end.

Hakeem pecked my cheeks before leading me back to my seat, our colleagues were busy admiring us as we settled down in our seat.

I was busy chatting with Hakeem when someone jacked me off from my seat.  "You asshole how dear you?"

I turned and to my surprise I saw Sophie glaring at me with blood shot eyes.

"How dare you, what do you think you are doing?" Hakeem fired back moving closer to me protectively.

"Y money why can't you see that she's trying to snatch you away from me?" she fired back at him still glaring at me.

He huffed at her statement "She snatched me away from you like I ever said I love you, just hear yourself Sophie,"he said to her.

By now she was in tears.  "But y money you know I love you and I always will," she moved closer to him trying to take hold of his hand but he moved back preventing her from doing so.

"You are right Sophie, I know you love me but I never reciprocate your love for me, you have to understand that I don't love you, the only person I love here is Teemarh and I hope you will respect that," he tried explaining to here but she was already too blinded to see the truth.

I couldn't do anything at that moment, I stood  silently with tears running down my face, Zulaiha being a good friend stood by my side trying to comfort me not to be weak.

"No, I don't believe you, I know you love me you just don't want to accept it but I know you do." Beeba tried stopping Sophie but she was just so stubborn.

"You know what Sophie I don't blame you if you are obsessed with me but that doesn't give you the right to humiliate me and my girlfriend." And with that, Hakeem took my hand and tried walking away but was stopped by Sophie who hugged him from the back stopping him from moving.

"Please Hakeem don't do this to me, please."  He turned to face her and gave her a warm hug to which I felt like stabbing the both of them, why would he hug her in my presence.

"I'm sorry Sophie, but the sooner you accept the fact that I don't love you the better for the both of us, I'm sorry."  And with that said we left, leaving Sophie who was screaming at the top of her voice and was being held by her friends. I hope she understands and leave me alone with my boyfriend but I pity her though.

Sophie's really obsessed with Hakeem, what a pity.

Don't forget to vote, comment & share.

Much love 😘.