Chapter 16: It's now or never

 "Amy! Amy are you okay?" I heard Jaime call out faintly. I held my head, hearing the ringing in my ears. Everybody's voices seemed to fade in and out, leaving me without sound.  I shook my head in hopes of getting at least some sound or at least depth perception back, but nothing was happening. I blinked my eyes a few times, finally getting my sight back to normal, but every time I looked at one of them, they looked like they were yelling at me. I couldn't really tell what they were saying but I knew they were concerned, not but just... worried.  I stood up out of Jaime's grip and walked over, sitting on the couch next to Andy who had his head in his hands. His shoulders were shaking and he wasn't looking anywhere but his shoes. I placed a hand on his shoulder and he looked up at me with teary eyes. I gave him sympathetic look before looking out the window at the scenery. 

"I guess I lost my hearing.. hopefully it's not permanent.." I thought to myself. I looked back at where the boys were and they were all staring at me. I gave them a confused look and Vic grabbed my shoulders, mouthing words to me. I looked at his lips, trying my best to see what he was saying. He looked to be saying can you hear me? 

"Can I hear you?" I asked, or at least I think I asked him that. I could only feel the vibrations through my throat. He nodded his head, the worried expression sitting on his features. I shook my head no, causing everybody to nod sadly. I looked over at Andy, only to see his tear stained face looking at me intently with worried eyes. I looked down at my lap, fiddling with my hands until he took my hands in his own. He leaned in and kissed my forehead, pulling me in for a hug. He held me as I cried, the rumbling in his chest gave it away that he was trying not to cry. He wanted to be strong for me in my time of need just like I had done for him so many years ago. But of course, he failed miserably as I felt the cold wetness of his tears on my head. I don't know how long I sat there, in Andy''s arms, but it must have been a while because next thing I knew, he was picking me up bridal style and carrying me off the bus towards a hospital. I struggled in his grip, not wanting to go anywhere near that place ever again, but his grip only tightened on me, causing more tears to fall on my head. I stopped struggling, sighing as I relaxed into his arms. I sat in the waiting room with the rest of the boys, waiting for a nurse to call my name, thank god the boys are here with me otherwise I woudn't know when it was my turn.

The nurse did some tests on my ears and with an cat scan thingy or whatever. But to be honest, I could care less now. i just need to know if I'm now without hearing for a short time or forever. That is all i want to know and all I really care about. Since I couldn't hear, Andy wrote down everything she said on a piece of paper so I wouldn't feel so left out. 

So far what she was saying sounded like it was only a short time thing and that i should get my hearing back eventually but the rest of the time, i couldn't read andy's hand writing. I gave up trying to read what he was saying and just examined the room we were in, hoping she would be done talking soon so that I could just go back on the bus and go sleep off my problems. 

i was in the middle of staring at the plain white walls when Andy place one of his massive hands on my shoulder. I never realized before how tall he really was in comparison to me. His mouth moved, informing me that he was trying to talk to me, obviously forgetting that i didn't have my hearing at the moment. He sighed, shaking his head as a few tears ran down his face as he got up and walked out of the hospital room. I got up and ran after him, tackling him to the floor and sitting on his back. I was then pulled away by a few male nurses, being carried back to the hospital room. I didn't know what was going on but hell i put up quite the fight. 

I ended up breaking one of the nurses noses and gave the other one a good bruise in the shin, giving me just enough time to run into Vic's arms, knowing he would protect me. Him and the rest of the boys were crying while looking at me with sad eyes. I gave them a confused look before turning around just to see the nurses standing up and walking over to me with mad expressions on their faces. Vic and the rest of the boys weren't doing anything so I got out of Vic's grasp pretty easily and pushed past the rest of the boys, running out of the hospital and back to the bus. As soon as I reached the bus and was in the door I turned around to see the rest of the boys including the nurses chasing after me. I frowned, slamming the bus door shut and locking it. I turned around to see a worried looking bus driver.