A Blessing

"Are you absolutely SURE you're not going rip Alexander's head off?" I ask Thomas as we approach the door to my brothers quaint house. The warm sun beamed on my skin, but the light breeze kept me from being roasted.
  "Of course not, we just need to discuss matters involving the government," he tells me. "What are you ladies going to do?" He asks me, and I smile. "Probably going to plan your murder," I shrug and laugh at the utter look of horror on his face. "No, we are going to discuss legal matters and other issues," I say, and Thomas looks at me impressed.
  I knock firmly on the door, and Eliza opens it. "Y/n!" She hugs me and I hug back. "Good morning to you too, Thomas," she greets him politely. "Thank you, Eliza," he says.
  Alexander is at the door too now, and he hugs me too. "How are you doing?" I ask him. He shrugs. "Pretty good, you?"
I laugh. "Amazing," I tell him.
"Y/n, Peggy and Angelica are already waiting!" Eliza pulls me into the small library. I mouth to Thomas "help me," and he laughs.
Thomas's P.O.V
What am I getting myself into? I know what I'm here to do.
After Y/n goes into a separate room, Hamilton leads me to their kitchen, and we sit at the table.
  "What do you want?" He asks me, and I pretend to look shocked.
  "I have no idea what your talking about!" I respond, and he smiles.
  I compose myself and get serious. "I really like  Y/n," I start, and I know I sound super childish. "I want your blessing," I blurt out. He looks shocked, but takes a shaky breath.
  "Jefferson, I do not like you. I think we both know that. But if you can make Y/n this happy... and make sure that she stays heathy and happy... then you have my blessing," he finish's. I smile, and get up. I shake his hand.
  "I have business I need to attend, and Y/n is still talking," I explain to the younger Hamilton sibling. "I'll make sure she gets home safe," he responds, and I nod.
  "Thank you," I tell him at the oak door.
  "Be true," he says, and then I'm gone.