The Winters Ball

It was Wednesday, 2 days until the ball. I was excited, and Alexander seemed to notice.
"What's going on, Y/n? You seem super... off?" He says, not knowing how to phrase it. I sit up on the couch, smiling.
"I was asked to the ball!" I tell him, laughing at the expression on his face.
"Who?" He asks me, not being rude. He seemed genuinely curious.
I hesitate. "Your not going to like him..." I trail off.
"Y/n, if he makes you THIS happy, I don't care who he is," he smiles and looks at me.
"It's Jefferson," I tell him, and his smile fades. I wince, knowing what's going to follow.
  "Y/n, you know what I think of Jefferson....," he starts, but al least he isn't yelling at me.
  "He doesn't seem like a guy I want you to be with, but if he makes you happy, I will try to accept him," Alexander finishes and I'm shocked. I smile and hug him.
  "Thanks Alex!" I say, squeezing him.
   [ Time Skip Brought To You By Lafayette]
  Eliza pulls the strings on my corset, and I wheeze. "You are going to kill me," I mutter as she laughs.
  I pull the beautiful dress on, and look into the mirror in my small bedroom.

I pull my y/h hair into an elegant bun, and turn around

  "You're so pretty!" She exclaims, and I blush.
  Alexander escorts me into the carriage outside of our small home, and waves goodbye.
  After a lengthy ride, I step out of the carriage, and walk elegantly into the ballroom. I see people turn to look at me, and I hear whispers. I beam as I see Jefferson walk over to me, seemingly entranced.
  He bows, and I take his hand as he escorts me to the dance floor. "Hello, Y/n," he greets me as we start waltzing around the ballroom.
  "Hello Jefferson," I saw politely, and he laughs.
  "Darling, you can call me Thomas, no need to be so formal." I smile, and look at him.
  "How was the cabinet meeting?" I ask him. Alexander had come home furious, saying that he needed his plan passed in Congress, and that the one and only Thomas Jefferson had come in, trying to get his plan to fail.
  He pauses for a brief moment, thinking. "Pretty well, I suppose," he says. "Your dear brother and I may or may not have gotten into an...  argument," he smiles, and I laugh radiantly.
    Thomas Jefferson's P.O.V.
  She laughed at my joke. I don't know why that makes me feel so accomplished. I've courted many ladies, but she's different.
  He name is beautiful , her smile amazing. He laugh is radiant. I've never felt this way. I want to protect her, so whatever I can to make sure she stays safe.
  "I heard," she tells me. "He was not exactly positive when he came home."
  I smirk. "That's what happens when you don't have the votes,"I know I'm pushing it. I shouldn't have said that.
  As I'm mentally kicking myself, I hear her laugh again. "I guess so," she ponders for a moment, but just then she's pack into the present.
  I take her to a table, who also has President Washington, all three Schuyler sisters, and Hamilton. Another girl dressed in extremely revealing clothes is also sitting at the table.
  She sits down next to her brother, and I sit next to her. I learn that the girl next to me is named Olivia. She keeps trying to push herself on me. She's obviously a hooker.
  I see Y/N's smile falter, but she goes on, continuing the conversation.
  At the end of the night, I escort her home. At her door she turns to me.
  Your P.O.V.
"Thank you for inviting me," I say, and I see him go slightly red. "I had a nice time." I did, but that prostitute was a little too.... touchy.
  "I had an amazing time, I would love to see you again," he tells me, and now it's my turn to go red. He looks at me. "Please don't worry about that other girl, I could never love someone like her," he immediately realizes what he said, and his eyes widen.
  "Thomas Jefferson, did you just imply  that you love me?" I ask, my heart racing.
  He leans down, and I reach up on my tiptoes.
  "I think I did Y/N."  He kisses me. It's passionate, but very sweet and gentle. He loves me. He loves me.
  Thomas Jefferson is my soulmate.
  And honestly, I couldn't be happier.