A Scare

Decisions. So many decisions to be made. I've been stressed lately, but Thomas has helped me relax, because of the baby. Should we stay in our house, or move to the White House? Should we tell Eliza and Alexander yet?
Not to mention that neither of us know how to decide if our baby is heathy, although we continually visit the doctor every few weeks. It's been stressful for Thomas as well, getting ready to become the 3rd President of our new nation. He's been so sweet to me, so I try not to complain too much.
We both decide to tell Eliza and Alex, so one day we walk uptown, as I admire the architecture. I'm not far along, for my stomach is still flat, only a barely noticeable bump. Thomas still looks at me worriedly from time to time.
  We eventually reach the fancy house, and Thomas knocks crisply on the door. Eliza opens the door, and smiles when she sees us.
  "Y/n!" She hugs me tightly, and I hug her back. Thomas shakes Alex's hand civilly, and I smile to myself. Maybe they will finally get along.
  "Eliza, we have some news!" I tell her excitedly and her eyes widen.
  I laugh at her expression and grab her hands. "We are having a child!" I beam and Eliza gasps. She hugs me again, lightly this time though. I see Alexander pat Thomas on the back out of the corner of my eye. Thomas's eyes are bright and Alexander is laughing. It's a nice laugh, and I smile even brighter.
We make conversation, while Thomas and Alexander sip at dark red wine. Eliza and I are talking about how foolish the cabinet is, when she looks at suddenly concerned. "You look pale! Are you ok?" My eyes flutter and my body starts convulsing.
  Thomas is at my side when I fall. The last thing I feel is his strong arms reaching to catch me, a shattering glass, And then everything goes black.