Hospital

[8 months later]
I feel wetness, and I take a few deep breaths. Eliza is over for tea, and I look at her, a little frightful. She nods, and stands up to help me walk. We move to the staircase.
"Thomas!" I shout up the stairs, and I hear a door slamming shut as he almost runs down the staircase.
"My water broke," my voice is hoarse and I cough to clear it. "We need to go to the hospital, can you grab the bag and go get Alexander?" Thomas is pale now, and he nods. I smile. "Why are you nervous? I'm the one birthing your child!" He laughs and gives me a quick hug.
  "I guess I don't want you to be hurt, or the baby," I nod. He leaves with the bag filled with baby supplies, and Eliza helps me into the carriage that is taking us to the hospital.
We are admitted around three hours later, due to a mixup, but luckily my contractions haven't started yet. Alexander and Thomas are here, along with Peggy. Angelica is off in London, so obviously she couldn't be here.
I'm sitting cross legged on the hospital bed, conversing with Peggy and Eliza. Alexander and Thomas are talking in low tones, and I notice that Thomas frequently looks at me, his face etched with anxiousness.
It's calming, and even though I know it's going to be painful the next hours, I'm excited, and only a tiny bit nervous. I think Thomas would have broken down already if it wasn't for Alexander reassuring him.
All of a sudden the door slams open and Laff and Herc rush in. "Did we miss the birth of the child?!" Lafayette asks, panting. We all laugh, and Laff smiles.
"How are you not freaking out?" Hercules asks me, and I grin. "I have no idea, but she's been in my stomach for 9 months, I think I'm ready to meet her," Hercules nods in agreement, while Laff hugs Alexander.
  It's a while later when my first contraction hits. I groan and Thomas is at my side. The nurse rushes in, shoving the visitors out of the room, except my husband.
  He holds my hand as the contractions get worse, and I continually take shaky but deep breaths.
  Oh my God, I'm having a child.