Congratulations

I'm beaming as Eliza opens the door. I lift up my hand and she goes crazy. "OH MY GOODNESS! ALEXANDER!" She calls up the stairs as Thomas and I take a seat in the living room. My brother comes rushing down the stairs. "Eliza! What's going on?!" He looks around frantically, and then he sees me and Thomas dying of laughter. He pouts but then comes and sits next to me. I show him the ring on my finger. He hugs me. "I'm assuming it was him?" He asks, pointing at Thomas. I nod and smile.
"Oh Y/n!" Eliza has tears in her eyes. I embrace her. "No crying until the wedding!" I tell her and she laughs.

"So..." My head lays on Thomas's lap. He looks down from his book. "Yes, my love?" I sigh. "I'm bored," I whine. He chuckles. "Aren't you Senator?" I nod. "All of my work is done until he next cabinet meeting," he looks at me impressed. "And...." I pause. "I'm going against you!" I say, and he looks at me in fake horror. He dramatically falls over. "Why o why?! Lord please save me!" I laugh at him and he embraces me. He kisses my forehead. "We'll be alright," he tells me soothingly. I hope so...

"Alright, that's enough!" Washington steps in between us. "We will have to look at both arguments," the president declares. I sigh. Thomas and I just engaged in an argument around slavery. "They are people!" I tell Thomas when we reach home. "I don't understand how their skin color makes a difference!"
Thomas flinches a little bit, but is still calm. I am undoing my elegant hairstyle and slipping out of my uncomfortable shoes. "I'm sorry," he says, but I'm still upset. "Thomas, we can't go on like this. You need to free them," I tell him seriously. "I can't continue with our relationship if you keep them," I'm calm now, and an eerie silence fills the home.
"I will," He says suddenly. "I'm so sorry Y/n, in awful..." he trails off. I look at him. "We can change Thomas," he nods solemnly.
"Now, will you undo my corset please?" I ask him. He laughs his radiant laugh as he undoes the many strings. I'm barely clothed now, and he looks at me lovingly. "You are an amazing women," He states, and I blush. I walk up the stairs into our bedroom. I pull on a white, fluffy robe and lay in bed. Thomas joins me.

I wake in the early morning, and smell breakfast. I walk down the oak steps into the small but refined kitchen. Thomas sits there, a plate of eggs in front of him. An identical plate sits across from him. "Thank you," I tell him and he smirks. "I know, I am an amazing cook," I roll my eyes at his playful antics.

What am I getting myself into?