Congratulations pt 2

We were walking through the busy streets of New York, just Thomas and I. People were holding heavy pamphlets, and when they saw me, whispered to each other. Thomas picked one up that was on the ground.
I leaned over his shoulder. "The Reynolds pamphlet?" I questioned. Thomas opened it and began reading out loud.
"My real crime is an amorous connection with his wife, for a considerable amount of time, with his knowing consent. I had frequent meetings with her, most of them at my house," he trails off.
"At his own house?" I ask.
"At his own house," Thomas confirms grimly. "Damn," I mutter. "Who is it?" I ask. Thomas gulps. "Alexander Hamilton."
"No..." I say in shock. I know Alexander. He wouldn't do that!
"Poor Eliza!" I cry. Thomas puts a protective arm around my shoulder. "Y/n, we should go visit her," Thomas says. I nod in agreement, wiping away the stray tears in my eyes.
When we reach Alexander's house, I knock. Eliza comes to the door, and I can tell she's been crying. She lets out a sob and I catch her in my arms. "It's ok, Eliza, I promise it's ok," I repeat that over and over.
"Where is he?" Thomas asks. He has a hard look in his eyes. Eliza just lets out another dry sob. "Check his office, last one in that hallway," I point and he nods. I hear Alexander's office door shut quietly. I'll have to have Thomas go back to the White House to grab some of our things. We're not leaving anytime soon.
  Thomas's P.O.V
  He looks up from the mess of papers on his desk. His eyes are bloodshot, his hair is a mess, and he looks broken. I feel bad for him, but my anger reaches above the pity. His eyes widen when he sees me.
  I lean against the door frame. "You messed up, really bad," I State. He nods. "I know," he says hoarsely.
  "I don't think you do though. Your wife is BROKEN. Your sister is BROKEN. You have hurt them so deeply. Eliza probably thinks that she is too ugly, not good enough for you. Y/n probably thinks she didn't support you enough. They BEGGED you to take a break. You refused," I tell him coldly. He just sits there shamefully.
  "Y/n didn't even know that I knew about it, because I KEEP my promises. And is James or Burr told, you bet your ass I would have denied everything. You know why?" I ask him. He doesn't respond.
  "Because I love your sister and if I hurt one of you I hurt both of you, and you just hurt both of you without even knowing."
  "Good job Alexander," I say, and leave, shirting the door swiftly behind me.
Your P.O.V
  "Angelica, Peggy, can you take care of Eliza? I need to talk to my brother?" I ask them. They both nod grimly, enveloping Eliza in a hug. I had sent Thomas to get our essentials.
  I walked into Alexander's office, and by now the rage had grown in me.
  He looks up and I see faint light in his eyes. "Y/n...." he says.
" Alexander...." I say.
  "Congratulations! You have invented a new kind of stupid, a damage you can never undo kinda stupid. An open all the cages in the zoo, kinda stupid. Truly, you didn't think this through kinda stupid!"
  "You took a rumor nobody knew and PUBLISHED IT! We BEGGED YOU to take a break you REFUSED to!" I'm shouting now, and he's cringing in his seat, tears making waves down his cheeks.
  "I LOVE ELIZA ALMOST MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS LIFE! I WILL CHOOSE HER HAPPINESS OVER MINE! EVERY TIME!" I'm crying now, and the tears won't stop coming out of my fragile eyes.
  "ELIZA!! is the BEST THING in Your life! so NEVER loose sight of the fact that you have been BLESSED WITH THE BEST LIFE!" I take a moment to breath in.
  "Congratulations! For the rest of your life... every sacrifice you make is for YOUR FAMILY give them he best LIFE!"
  "CONGRATULATIONS!" I slam the door shut behind me, and cover my mouth before I let a sob escape.