Ch. 12 Rikly Forever

CHAPTER 12: *Lily's POV on airplane*

I sat there in the window seat of our row trying not to think. We just barely took off and it's going to be a four in a half hour flight.

We sat there, and silence filled the air between us. I looked at him and said, "I can't explain to you how much this means to me. Thank you Riker!"

He smiled and said, "That's what friends are for." He kept saying friends. I think that has to be the 500th time he has called us friends. I get the message nothing more than friends. It hurt but I knew that it was the right thing.

I held his arm for a second and said, "Riker I know we are friends and nothing more. I'm sorry if I freaked out at you, it was just I love you. I'm going to have to wipe those feelings away to be able to move on with my life and it is going to take time. But, I'm really happy that we can be friends." I said trying not to brake down.

"Lily am very glad we are friends too." I let go of his arm and finally started to doze off a little.

*Riker's POV*

I know being friends is the right thing but it hurts me to know that she is hurting because of me. She fell asleep and her head ended up right on my shoulder. I smiled a little. It felt comforting to have her there. But that comfort went away when I realized that it wasn't going to last once she would wake up. I looked down a little and she was drooling. I tried not to laugh but couldn't help myself.

She woke up lifting her head and looked at me. "Riker... Why are you laughing?" I looked down at my shoulder and she looked down too and saw the drool. "Oh my goodness I am so sorry!" She tried wiping it away. I laughed harder.

"Lil it's ok! Don't worry about it! Here." I said lifting my sweatshirt that was on my lap and putting it on my shoulder. "There yah go! Now you don't have to worry about it."

She giggled, and said, "Thanks." She hesitated to put her head back on my shoulder, but I closed my eyes pretending I was going to sleep too. Then I felt her head lean on my shoulder. I slowly let my head lean on her head and I happily dozed off.