Ch. 14 Rikly Forever

CHAPTER 14: *Riker's POV*

"Riker my dad... He was in surgery and something went wrong and he didn't completely recover and he is in a coma..."

I couldn't believe it. But her father is just to young. Oh my goodness.

"Ma told me the docs said he might not make it." I pulled her into my chest and hugged her really tightly.

"Lil, I am so sorry." I said trying to hold back the tears for her sake. I needed to be strong for her.

She sobbed in my arm for a while more. I asked her if she wanted to see him and she shook her head yes. I let her get up and then I go up right behind her. She walked slowly towards the door the curtain was pulled so she couldn't see him yet. Her mom was sitting in a chair at the end of the hospital bed. And a different woman had her hand on her moms shoulder. Lily stopped and the door way again and turned towards me. She fell into my chest and I held her up.

"Riker I don't know if I can do this. I don't know if I'm strong enough to see him like this." She said starting to cry again. I wiped another tear away this time holding her head up looking into her eyes and rubbing my thumb across her cheek.

"Lily... When you turned 18 you immediately decided to come to California all by yourself to start a career, and look for a boy you weren't even sure felt the same way about you as you felt for him? Lily you are a strong woman! I know you can do this. And like I said I am going to be your side every step of the way!" She gave me a half smile and turned around facing the rooms entrance again. She took a step in and stopped, I stood beside her. I felt her reach for my hand. She held onto it tightly and I let her, knowing she felt comforted by it.

We walked in more seeing her dad hooked up to a bunch of machines. Lily went around to his bedside crying lightly, dragging me along beside her hand in hand. She squeezed tighter and it hurt a little. She was so upset. I just wish I could help her somehow. She finally let go of my hand and fell to the ground reaching for her fathers hand. She held it for a while crying into it.

I could tell she had an extremely special connection with her father. I just stood still letting her have her time with him. Her mom stood up and motioned me over to the corner of the room.

"It's very nice to see you again Riker!"

"You as well." I told her feeling extremely bad for how we were meeting again.

"So, it's getting late me and Buff are going to go home. I will be back in a couple of hours. Do you think you could stay with Lil?"

"Of coarse mam! I would be happy too!"

She smiled at me but then said, "Hun call me Stef!" I smiled at her. She walked to Lily gave her a big hug and told her she was going to the house for a few hours.