Ch. 15 Rikly Forever

CHAPTER 15: *Lily's POV*

Mom and Aunt Buff left and I dragged the chair mom was using over to Dads bedside. I sat down and Riker sat on the little couch that was behind me.

I just held my dads hand. I was so scared. I wasn't sure I could lose him. I held back the tears because I wanted to show my dad I was strong.

Maybe if he saw that I was being strong he would be strong too and pull through for me. I looked back and saw Riker dozing off on the couch so I started to pray out loud. I wasn't a big religious person but I figured I could give it a shot!

*Riker's POV*

I pretended to fall asleep so Lily would think she was alone with her father, and say whatever she needed to say.

I heard say, "Dear God, I know I yelled at you the other day about Riker and I, but I now realize that that kind of pain was childish. I now know what real pain is..." I couldn't help but start to tear up when she said that.

"You have taught me my lesson I just don't want my dad to have to suffer as well! Please I'm begging you!! He is my daddy! The only one I am ever going to have. I am his little princess. I need him." I heard her start crying now.

It took everything I had not to get up and rap her in my arms. She thought god was punishing her father because she felt pain after I broke her heart and she yelled at god. Screw it. I got up and kneeled next to her chair and grabbed her hand.

She looked up at me and I said, "Lily god isn't punishing your father because of something you did. This is just something that happens to people. Really good people. I don't understand why he does these things but he does and it is not your fault and never will be."

"But, Rik-" she started.

"No buts Lily! There is no way you could have prevented this or caused this!!" She grabbed my hand now and pulled me in for a hug.

"I just don't understand!" She whispered choking up.

"Me neither Lil. Why don't you go and rest on the couch you need your sleep." She nodded and walked to the couch. I sat in a chair that was in the corner.

As she was about to lay her head down she said, "Riker can I lay on your lap? I just need someone by my side right now." I walked over and sat down.

As she layed her head on my lap and snuggled back into me I whispered, "I wish I could always be by your side." I played with her hair a little as she fell asleep.

It was true, right then I realized that I never wanted to leave her side.