Ch. 13 Rikly Forever

CHAPTER 13: *Riker's POV in cab going to hospital*

I looked at her and she was just staring out the window. She has barely said two words since we got of the airplane. I wanted to comfort so badly but I didn't want her to get the wrong idea. We got out of the cab and walked into the hospital. Lily ran to the front desk as I chased after her. She asked the lady what room and floor her father was on. She ran to the elevator and I hoped in one whose door was almost closed I slid in really fast praying I wouldn't get stuck. We stood there in the quiet and it was interrupted as she tapped her foot really loudly. I was afraid she was gonna end up pacing before we even got out of the elevator. The door opened and she went flying. I stumbled trying to catch up once again. I turned the corner she had turned, and saw her standing in the door way of her Dads, room as still as could be.

Her mom was in front of her talking. I just stood still not wanting to interrupt anything. Lily all the sudden fell to her knees cupping her face, and started balling! I ran over to her. I knelt down behind her and turned her around and held her tight. I had no idea what was going on but I knew it couldn't have been good. I let go of her scootin more in the hallway picked her up and set her on my lap. I felt so bad for her, she just cried and cried. I tucked her head into my shoulder and rubbed her back.

"Lily, hun what's going on? What did your mom say?" I asked her quietly.

She was about to speak but then cried even harder. I just rocked her more back and forth. "Lil, you can talk to me. I'm here for you." She looked up at me.

I wiped some tears off her tear stained face. "Riker my dad..."