Ch. 16 Rikly Forever

CHAPTER 16: *Lily's POV next afternoon @ hospital*

I was walking back upstairs from getting me and Riker some coffee. I passed Ma and Aunt Buff who where going to get lunch and Aunt Buff said, "Lily you and a... Riker there seemed to have been cozy last night and this morning. It's nice to see."

I just smiled at her and said, "Yah he is an amazing friend!" Just hoping she got the hint of friend.

Besides I really didn't want to talk about me and Riker's relationship while my father was upstairs in a coma. I got upstairs and heard Riker talking, I stopped in the doorway. Wait, was he talking to my dad? He couldn't see me because of the curtain but I heard him.

"Well what I'm trying to say Sir is, I really like your daughter. Yah I've had girlfriends and stuff but none like Lily." I just smiled at the floor. "She is amazing, and special, and so strong, but I'm afraid to break her at the same time. Our age difference scares me. It doesn't seem to scare her at all. I don't think she understands why our age difference scares me. Why it could be a bad thing. It's really hard for me to hide my feelings for her while she is going through this. I just wish I could show my feelings but I'm not sure I can."

So Riker does have feelings for me! I knew it! I wasn't going to push my luck by asking him about it though. I wanted him to be able to tell me himself, because if he couldn't than I would know that our age difference will always be a problem between us.

"Sir it would mean an awful lot to me if you would wake up. Not just for me but for your family. For Lily she needs and you and, before I ever started anything with Lily... If I ever were to, I would love to know if you approve or not. Thank you for listening to me. Well... I guess you really didn't have a choice but to hear me out..." I walked in now before he started rambling on any further. Riker stood up acting all weird probably hoping I didn't hear any of that, but I did!

"Here yah go!" I gave Riker his coffee.

"Thank you." He said moving from the chair that was next to my fathers bedside to the couch. I sat next to him and we were in complete silince.