Chapter Two: College

Saturday morning came around and I was up early and ready to head out the door to start my new adventure. College! I was excited because I finally got accepted into Brown University this is not an easy University to get accepted into. It is actually one of the eight Ivy League Universities in America.

I said my goodbye to both of my parents as I was going to leave. We laughed and cried but it was something that needed to happen. When I walked outside I saw Charlie leaning up against his old-school Porsche. Yes, he was that kid who had a fancy car that everyone wanted.

If you remember the 80s-movie sweet sixteen then you know the scene that I'm talking about. Yes, the ending scene with Jake Ryan. Him leaning up against his awesome car waiting for me to come out and run into his loving arms.

I loved 80s movies it made me feel like the world was a simpler time. Even though some of these movies came out almost twenty years before I was even born I still loved them.

I asked Charlie, "What are you doing?" "He said "I'm taking you to college," I said "Charlie have to take my own vehicle," he said "that's ok I'll follow you" I rolled my eyes at him and said fine "follow me." Deep down I had felt kind of relieved that I had someone looking out for me.

I still didn't want to have sexual feelings for him. I also still felt bad that I had not talked to Mattie about Charlie or what he really felt about her. I know you're thinking geez she's your best friend and you haven't talked to her.

In my defense, Mattie was away for college in the next town over. She could have easily come back but I'm sure she was crushing on someone else right about now. I knew that she knew the probability of her ever getting with Charlie was slim to none. To think of it now was she really my best friend or did she like hanging out with me because of my closeness to Charlie?

"Ok Charlie we have to go, it's a little over three-hour drive and my appointment with my admissions counselor was at one o'clock pm." We got onto the road and headed south on IH87 towards Newburgh. When we reached Newburgh, we stopped to get gas and to get a quick bite of brunch.

"Charlie, Providence Rhode Island will be my future home for the next four years." When I tried to pay for my gas and my meal, Charlie didn't let me pay for a thing. "Charlie, I can pay for my own things" "not a chance baby girl" I rolled my eyes at him and he flashed me his megawatt smile. Why was I trying to keep him away for so long? Why hadn't given into his appeal?

We got back onto to the road and two and a half hours later we pulled up to the student support center of Brown University. We got out of the car and I held out my hand to reach for Charlie's. He intertwined his fingers with mine. "Ready to start college baby girl?" "Charlie, you need to stop with all the nicknames" "I can't baby girl" uhhggg this man was infuriating.

As we walked up to the reception area we were greeted by a handsome student worker. "Welcome to Brown University how can I help you" "I am starting my first semester soon where do I go?" "You will take a right down this hall and speak to your admissions representative their name should be in your acceptance package."

"Sir, Can I help you with anything?" "Oh, no I'm the boyfriend." I turned around and gave him a look that he wished he would have kept his mouth shut. As we walked down the hallway. "I whispered to Charlie you saying that you're my boyfriend is not going to get you laid." "Oh, it will" His confidence is so infuriating and yet sexy as hell all rolled into one.

When I arrived at Ms. Thatcher's office I knocked on the door, I was actually 10 minutes early to my appointment. Thankfully she was able to see me. Ms. Lewis, I'm glad you made the trip out here before your semester started. "I'm so excited to start my college career." Charlie flashed his megawatt smile and you can see it in Ms. Thatcher's face that she liked what she saw. Of course, who wouldn't he's gorgeous.