Chapter Twenty: We're Home

The next morning, we flew back home to New York. My parents met up with us next door at Alex and Carol's house. They both gave Charlie a huge hug and kisses on his checks. My dad told him "Son, I'm glad have you back, we love you."

We all went out to dinner as a big happy family to the same Italian restaurant in town. This was the same restaurant that Charlie took me to our first date. It was great to sit and have a nice dinner and to be all one family. Charlie asked my dad in front of everyone if it was ok to have my hand in marriage. My father got up from the table and embraced Charlie and said "Welcome to the family son." My father gave us the blessing to get married. I put my hands to my mouth because I wanted to scream. Oh my god this is it, I'm getting married.

I was so happy but I looked over to Charlie and said "Sweetie you still need to propose to me." "I said if you do it right now I'm going to say NO!" "Baby girl do you really think I would do that?" "Sweetie I don't know what you are capable of doing." Charlie laughed and said "you are right."

"My love, my baby girl, my whole heart, I will propose to you when I have a ring and find the right time when you're not expecting it. I want to make it so special you will never forget it." I wanted to cry because I knew Charlie will make it so special.

We left our home town to go back to our house in Providence we both said our goodbyes to our parents. "I love you mama, I love you daddy." "We love you Re-Anne, Charlie take care of my baby girl." "Of course, Dr. Ryan and Dr. Valeria." "Charlie, we love you." Charlie gave my parents a big hug and I gave Charlie's parents, Alex and Carol a big hug. "Welcome to our family Re-Anne." "Carol, Charlie hasn't asked me yet." "Baby girl he will, just let him plan it out. But I'm already welcoming you into our family officially."

We started to drive back to our house, and I told Charlie "Baby please drive easily around the edge of the State line. I don't want that asshat to stop you again." Charlie laughed and I saw his beautiful megawatt smile. "Sweetheart that asshat has nothing on me anymore." He brought our intertwined hands up to lips and kissed my hand."

We drove up to our drive way and it was my time to tell Charlie, "We were home baby!" He laughed because he knew he did this to me when I first moved here with him. Charlie laughed at the make shift "Charlie pillow". "Sweetheart, what is this?" "It your shirt wrapped up in a pillow. This pillow got me through the worst nights of my life." "Baby girl I'm so sorry you had to go through this. "I will never leave you ever again."

We settled down into our home. It felt great having Charlie back home. God, I can't explain to you how much I missed this man. He has made his way into my heart and my soul. I can't wait till I'm his wife.

My summer break was coming to an end and I was so happy and so content that I had the love of my life back. This time he wasn't going anywhere ever again. Charlie had been home for month already. Our love making sessions continued as they were before. I swear it seemed as if Charlie was seriously tiring to get me pregnant. I hadn't told him yet that I stopped taking my birth control. He hadn't worn a condom since I started my birth control. I guess it was time I told him. I was already a month late on my period.

"Sweetie", I pat the couch seat next to me. "My love, I'm going to tell you something but please don't get mad." Charlie puffed out air as if he was expecting the worse. "Baby girl, please don't tell me that you had sex with someone else while I was away." I laughed and said "no baby that isn't what I'm going to tell you. "Baby, Love of my life..." I haven't been on my birth control since after you left. I felt I didn't need to take it because you weren't here. And well... I'm still not on it.

Charlie got up off the couch and paced around the living room. I didn't know what he was thinking or what he was going to say. I was scared. I didn't know if he was ready for the next bomb I was going to tell him. "Charlie? Are you ok?" He walked back to me and kneeled in front of me. He looked up at me with his beautiful eyes, "Baby girl, are you trying to tell me that you're with child?" I cupped his face with my hands and told him "Sweetheart, I don't know all I know is that I'm late on my period."

Charlie jumped up and had the biggest smile on his face that I had ever seen. "My love you might be caring our first child!" He cupped my face and gave me a long and caring kiss. He grabbed my hand and took me to our room. "Charlie where are we going?" "If you're not already pregnant I'm going to get you pregnant right now." I laughed and followed him to our room.

August came to an end and September was the beginning of my fourth semester of college. We also found out that I wasn't pregnant. We were so devastated. We really wanted to become parents. I know we are young, but we love each other so much. We stopped birth control all together and nothing had been working. I said to Charlie, "my love let it happen naturally, maybe it isn't time yet." "If we don't get pregnant next year, I promise to go to the gynecologist.